With over 1,000 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We support clients by providing staff augmentation services, delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.
PwC Operate is seeking talented Technical Support Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology team based in Belfast. Operate Technology is dedicated to researching, developing, testing, implementing and supporting innovative technology solutions for the wider PwC organisation and its clients and stakeholders.
As the Technical Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable exposure to modern technologies including; Robotic Process Automation, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Software Development.
This role will need someone who is technically minded, innovative and able to come up with creative solutions to complex problems. An analytical thinker capable of decision making when under pressure; you will be well organised with a technical bias. This person will be responsible for providing ongoing technical support and interacting with key PwC Operate clients and stakeholders, therefore excellent communication skills are vital to be successful in this position.
* Providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service
* Supporting client environments and taking ownership of complex problems, performing technical diagnosis and fixing issues
* Involvement in the overall incident, problem, change and release management processes as well as request fulfilment.
* Liaising with external vendor support whenever problems cannot be resolved in house
* Onboarding clients; installing and configuring applications according to client requirements and loading client data where relevant
* Scheduling and upgrading all production and UAT environments with new software releases
* Continuous monitoring of the health of production environments
* 1 - 2 years experience providing 2nd/3rd line application support.
* Application support experience (preferably web-based software/applications)
* Experience of working with relational databases
* Experience with any modern language e.g. .NET, C#, Java or Python (capable of understanding code and identifying issues)
* Knowledge of cloud technologies such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience in supporting applications with some specific knowledge of either the Microsoft or Linux environment
* Experience of supporting web applications running in a java servlet container (such as Apache Tomcat or others)
* Knowledge of Service Management processes - Release, Change, Event, Incident and Problem Management (ITIL / ISO20000)
* Experience using IT Service Management tools such as ServiceNow or JIRA
* Experience with web design / scripting languages (including HTML, CSS, Angular and JQuery)
* Knowledge of the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment
* Knowledge of Microsoft SQL (SQL scripts, and Stored Procedures and Databases) or similar database system
* Experience with log management tools such as Splunk
This unique opportunity is in a highly accessible location, only a short walk from Lanyon Place train station. Occasional travel to PwC regional offices may be required in this role.
This new and exciting role may suit candidates with experience in a wide variety of technical roles including; 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line Support, Application Support, Software Support, Software Testing, Software Development, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Helpdesk Support, Desktop Support, DevOps and more.
This role is a rare opportunity to help shape the way PwC Operate develop and support their growing technology infrastructure with the chance to gain valuable experience in an agile software development environment. There will be a lot of opportunities for exposure to our firmwide technology network and potential to develop into a role in one of our many growing technology functions throughout PwC. This role will give you the ability to directly feed into the creation of our state of the art technology space in our brand new Merchant Square office as well as the opportunity to work flexibly.
If you are looking for a role that offers excellent benefits and career progression within one of the largest professional services firms in the world as well as a dynamic and upbeat working environment then please apply for immediate consideration.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.