Entry level/Intern Software Developer- Kerry
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our client's Software team. As a member of the Software Development Team, you will be joining a team that develops and maintains a suite of applications running on various platforms, utilizing different technology stacks. You will be involved in development and testing of a robust and scalable solution, ideally using a test-driven approach. You will conduct code reviews - both as a code author and code reviewer.
We will consider those who have a Higher Diploma in Software or a Code Institute qualification. A Degree is not required for these roles. Full training will be provided. An understanding of the below would be great but extensive industry experience is not essential.
* A certificate or diploma in a software related discipline
* Familiarity with Java or other object-oriented languages.
* Understanding of basic SQL commands.
* Basic knowledge of Unix and Windows operating environments.
* Familiarity with agile development methodologies and principles.
* Appreciation of the concept of Test-Driven Development.
* Basic knowledge of source control and an understanding of continuous integration tools.
* Familiarity with front-end/modern web frameworks.
* Familiarity with deployment tools and approaches.
We look for:
* Smart and enthusiastic.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Proactive. Identify (and solve) issues before they arise.
* Logical and methodical approach to solving complex problems.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Able to take the initiative and provide suggestions/ideas for future improvements.
* Passionate about technology.
* Maintain a professional approach at all times.
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other co-op experience etc. We will also consider experienced candidates for these roles, however a long term link to Kerry is essential.