Job Profile I.T. Analyst
Company Contracting PLUS Consultants Ltd, Airport Business Park, Cork
Date January, 2020
Reporting To Technical Project Manager
As a company, our core values are important to us and we look for candidates who will embrace and foster them. We pride ourselves in attracting individuals with a positive attitude and have a positive outlook in life. We also aim to employ individuals who naturally understand customer service and identify the needs and requirements of our clients, while embracing an entrepreneurial spirit where change and agility are the norm in our business.
As part of our Core Values we believe that every individual working in Contracting PLUS should act like an owner with regard to every decision they make and are part of the drive and growth of the company.
We are an SME and pride ourselves in our team spirit, and uniqueness. As part of our interview process, we will explain how these values help our team provide the expert help to our clients while maintaining a work-life balance and a healthy outlook to life.
Contracting Plus is a specialist provider of accountancy services to professional independent contract workers.
At Contracting Plus we create new standards as the market leader in specialist accounting and taxation advice for contractors, combining relevant, compliant and value driven solutions. We provide the highest level of service to our contractors.
Entry to new markets and expansion within existing markets are central to our thinking for a flourishing future. We are currently building new relationships with recruitment agencies and contracting companies.
Reason for the Position:
To support the IT Team in managing daily operational issues as well as developing service improvements.
The Purpose of the Position:
Provide technical support to Contracting PLUS users, including desktop, laptop build and configuration, as well as application installations and configuration, 1st level PC & printer support. 2nd level support for key applications and infrastructure (i.e. servers, switches, etc.).
Support the IT Team in managing and improving the IT infrastructure. This involves having
- Experience of the following operating systems, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, Centos or variant.
- Experience of building/configuring desktops, laptops and servers.
- Experience of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experience of QuickBooks, Sage, and CollSoft a distinct advantage but not required.
- Printer support.
- Experience of switches, routers, firewalls a distinct advantage but not required.
- Experience of Amazon AWS a distinct advantage but not required.
- Experience of working in an IT Support role.
Note: In relation to experience, this is an entry-level position so graduates are welcome to apply albeit their experience may be limited. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn coupled with good customer focus are paramount.
· Third Level IT Related Qualification (i.e. certificate, diploma, degree, other)
Internal Service Provider
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time keeping skills.
- A mindset of continuous development and improvement.
- A Team player.
- Working hard to build trust and relationships with your team and your customers and take specific action to raise value to customers by meeting a specific customer request or by solving an immediate problem.
- Bringing work to completion and focusing on delivering tangible results and value for money.
- Supporting users in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Contributing to, Complying with and enforcing standard policies and procedures.
- Continuously focused on service improvement through examination of current infrastructure portfolio and advising on technology changes/developments.