Join a global leader in the development of mission-critical, real-time communications applications. You will be working closely with developers as they develop code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality. You will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose. During testing you will be thinking "outside of the box" to understand the various scenarios and configurations that customers use to ensure customer quality is maintained and, through doing so, drive regression testing across the products. You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall processes, to support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes.
* Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures and strong understanding of Testing best practices (ISEB/ISTQB certification)
* Understanding of QA practices in terms of test plans and their executions - shift left
* Demonstrated experience in software development lifecycle. Previous experience or willingness to learn and apply new DevSecOps concepts
* Experience working on products that deploy to on-premise VMWare based environments through to exposure and experience of working on product deployed as a Service.
* Experience beyond usage of Docker and container management systems like Kubernetes in production. Specifically, we are looking for developers who have extended and improved these platforms
* Experience deploying applications to heterogeneous environments: cloud, on-prem (private cloud), and end-user (developer, car).
* Experience in writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Ansible, Cucumber, Selenium, SoapUI
* At least 3 years experience creating automation tests (Unit, non-functional or functional) that require script generation instead of point and click recorded automation.
* Staple technology employed for which experience would be preferred;
* Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Istio, SpringBoot
* General tech you would be working with
* Good scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Groovy, Python)
* Comfortable with Linux
* Jenkins, Git
* Experience with related tools and processes: Git, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, TDD, BDD, API first, Code Reviews, etc.
* Areas of focus where expertise would be valuable include; (across all deployment variants)
* Geo redundancy
* High availability
* Scale and solution engineering
* BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent and at least 7 years industry experience in software QA or development