Our client is currently looking for an IT Security Analyst to join their SOC Team based in Central Dublin.
The successful candidate will either have broad infrastructure experience and is looking to move into a more security focused role or is currently working in a security role.
- Analyse incoming network and endpoint security events in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy and consistency using a variety of forensic tools
- Determine and execute the relevant actions such as whitelisting/filtering and alerting/blocking
- Prioritize incoming events accordingly and manage your event load
- Complete security investigations and determine appropriate actions based upon results of the investigation
- Recommend security enhancements
- Keen interest in Information Security, Networking or Forensics analysis
- Knowledge of Information Security products and technologies (Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Firewall, Advanced Threat, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Linux based sniffers (Wireshark, TCPDump)
- Knowledge of Splunk and SecurityOnion is advantageous
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash/Python/Powershell) is advantageous
- Analytical mind, strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills