Regional Active Directory Analyst
itContracting are looking for a Regional Active Directory Analyst to provide support to business units to ensure a quality end user experience around M365/O365 (Microsoft and Office 365 Suite) functions. Role primarily will support the objectives related to Active Directory, Azure and Cloud Services working in a global team.
As a Regional Active Directory Analyst your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Applies and supports Active Directory, Azure and Cloud services to lead to higher quality adoption rates and end user experiences.
- Supports EMEA and Global Leads in day to day operations to deliver a high level of service in a controlled and managed environment.
- Participates in supplier assurance management and identifies gaps in services provided leading to identification of areas for improvement.
- Provides consultancy through partnership to ensure standards are executed across Active Directory, Azure and Cloud services.
- Provides technical expertise on aspects of Digital Identity – Directory Services as it relates to Active Directory, Azure and Cloud Services.
- Provides technical expertise to Business Units as part of domain consolidations.
- Undertake investigations or root cause of technical or functional (process) delivery related to Active Directory, Azure and Cloud Services.
- Collects and monitors statistics and metrics for reporting and trend analysis.
- Participates in user experiences and technical assessments and helps identify gaps in process or service delivery.
- Ability to adhere to and sustain security principles and practices.
- Provides support for security response processes including vulnerability management, incident response and forensics leading to effective risk reduction.
- Recognizes legal, regulatory and ethical requirements within own area of responsibility and applies adoption of requirements, ensuring minimum baseline compliance.
- Provide technical expertise and counsel on aspects of the organization´s IT security, advising of appropriate actions to fulfill procedural and regulatory requirements or solve immediate problems.
- Undertake investigations and inspections of IT data, processes, practices and incidents in accordance with established procedure.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Regional Active Directory Analyst your skills and qualifications will include:
- O365 product understanding
- Active Directory administration (Windows 2008 or later) & infrastructure support experience
- A security mindset in all service delivery and support
- Strong operational ethics and background in Active Directory
- Azure administration experience
- AD Migration experience
- PowerShell administration
- Quest AD tooling (useful, not required)
- Azure Active Directory Connector knowledge
- Microsoft OS/platform/hardware support and maintenance
- General knowledge of networking
- Patching management on hardware/software services related to Active Directory
- SCCM SQL knowledge (useful, not required)
- Backup and recovery experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science.
- Minimum of 3 years working in Active Directory maintenance and operations
- Relevant vendor technical qualifications beneficial
- Assists projects to identify and align business and technical security requirements, design security controls and test their effectiveness ensuring the product implemented addresses both business and security needs.
- Review and analyze IT project performance using standard reporting tools and highlight discrepancies against plan.
- Provides guidance on group compliance requirements relevant for IT operations offering solutions to achieve compliance and assist submission of policy and standards exceptions, leading to risk sign off by business.
- Investigate and assess internal client technical issues related to assigned software and hardware systems and manage each case to a successful resolution, working in conjunction with IT colleagues and directly with internal customers where necessary.
- Input into project planning to ensure that requirements of own area of IT (service management / architecture / risk & security) are properly addressed in projects, and project delivery is implemented correctly in own area in conjunction with IT colleagues.
- Document outages, errors and any other customer or service issues, administer actions to resolve service problems and perform incident, problem and escalation management for own area of responsibility.
- Adhere to budgets in own area of IT, and monitor, review and update financial information (including vendor management where necessary), in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
- Independently collate and analyze data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats and make recommendations in order to support the decision making process in own area of IT.
- Assess and evaluate IT business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide technical expertise on aspects of the organization´s IT infrastructure / software applications / architecture / hardware to internal customers, advise them of appropriate actions to fulfill procedural and regulatory requirements or solve immediate problems.
- Undertake investigations and inspections of IT data, processes, practices and incidents in accordance with established procedure to identify potential or actual compliance issues and recommend appropriate action.
- Follow defined security policies and guidelines to ensure information security and highlight any potential discrepancy.
Performance Management Accountabilities
- Model behaviors that demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Provide input into performance management discussions of project team members.
- Educate team members and business partners on area of technical expertise.
- Provide guidance and support for team members.
- Take action to manage own personal development and encourage others to do the same.
Primary work location is Ballsbridge. Position is Dublin based but occasional travel may be required to other locations.