itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a Cloud Platform Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The Cloud Platform Engineer will be responsible for enabling and maximizing our client’s ability to exploit cloud for business benefits, while ensuring customer satisfaction, cost effectiveness, operational integrity and adherence to relevant industry best practices.
It is expected that the Cloud Platform Engineer will undertake a wide variety of roles related to:
- The strategic management of cloud platforms
- Cloud product management – managing the cloud product release pipeline, developing and deploying cloud-based services and applications
- In project support – helping projects to adopt cloud technologies, supporting them in defining requirements, building proof of concept and pilot environments
- In life support – supporting the cloud services that underpin our client’s business, as required
- Day to day management of an enterprise cloud environment built with the latest technologies and using innovative management tools
- Deploy new workloads aligned to architectural global standards, always ensuring the maintenance of software efficiency
- Work closely with application and business partners to implement the right workload into the right cloud environment, aligned to our client’s smart cloud adoption strategy
- Work closely with internal and external partner functions so as to ensure that the private and public cloud architecture meets with industry best practices
- Regularly review platform and recommend improvements to promote optimal use and ensure that the cloud offering is in line with the appropriate standards
- Engage with global project teams, enabling them to maximise the benefits of cloud adoption
- Ensure best use of resources by implementing and following fit for purpose capacity and demand management models
- Enable automation where required and where it delivers real benefit
- Review and continually improve the end to end engagement model for the cloud environment, responding and adapting to customer needs in a flexible proactive manner
- Actively drive service delivery improvements with external vendors based on project and operational requirements
- Build deployment scripts supporting automated standard deployments for AWS and Azure
- Work closely with architecture and security teams to deliver security by design, enabling agility for our client’s wider IT teams
- Work as a trusted advisor with business units ensuring communication is held in a proper way, satisfying internal customer expectations
- 5 years’ experience of managing public/ private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Expert level knowledge of Azure or AWS with associated certifications
- Proficient in the automation of repeatable tasks using appropriate scripting
- Experience in automated testing supporting operational readiness checks
- Proficient in the use of configuration management tools e.g. Cloud formation, Ansible, Terraform
- Experience in at least one of the following languages: Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools, DevOps and Agile development
- Proficiency in systems administration (Linux/Windows) and network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Familiarity with version control platforms e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC
- Strong troubleshooting experience in virtual/ cloud infrastructures
- Proven experience of working within supplier-led service delivery models
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.