TalentScope Recruitment Solutions, on behalf of our client in Dublin City Centre, is seeking applications for an AWS Architect.
This role can be on a contract basis but there is a permanent position also.
Your role will be to architect cloud-based solutions for multiple projects to include
*Building proof of concepts (re solutions and best practices)
*Research & Development
As well architecting the solutions, you will be involved in their implementation.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications.
- Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
- Identify, develop, implement and improve infrastructure/operations activities for automation with Cloud experience, particularly with AWS
- Contribute to organizational usage of Identity Access Management (IAM) in both day to day operations and building processes / tooling to support those operations.
- Proactively monitor, mitigate issues and administer a growing production footprint with diverse applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Create and refine tools and scripts to both monitor and measure application performance
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability and recovery
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
Skills & Expertise Required
- “Infrastructure as Code” automation frameworks particularly Terraform. Other frameworks such as CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack etc. also useful.
- AWS Support level experience with EC2, ELB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS
- Strong Windows and intermediate Linux administration background
- Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- Strong capabilities in scripting (Python, PowerShell, AWS CLI, Bash)
- Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure operations best practices, including experience in IT Operations in a highly available model
- Strong Web Server experience in IIS, Apache, or Tomcat
- Functional knowledge of Database concepts
- Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices and successful delivery.
- Understanding of SDLC processes
- Availability to support systems on-call after hours as needed
- Architecting aligned to the Well Architected Framework
- Understanding of High Availability services concepts
- Strong ability to learn and use new technology frameworks
- Promoting CALMS principle
Additional Desired Qualifications
- AWS Certification (preferably SA-Associate Level, SysOps)
- AWS experience or functional knowledge in API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, ACM, IAM
- Caching technologies (Redis/DAX)
- Experience using and supporting various Atlassian products, such as Jira, Confluence
For more information on this role (Contract or Permanent) please send a Full CV outlining relevant expertise to us.
Please note, candidates must be eligible currently to work in Ireland/EU - candidates should hold an EU passport or full Stamp 4 Work Permit.
TalentScope Recruitment Solutions are a leading provider of IT Recruitment Solutions for mid-senior level roles. Please be advised you will receive an automated response to acknowledge receipt of your application.
By sending us your CV, you are accepting that your details will be stored on our systems for current/future use. No personal information will ever be shared with a third party, except where you give us your permission to send your CV to a specific client upon your agreement.
Should this position not be specifically what you are seeking, we are hiring for numerous positions currently so please get in touch with us as we may have other roles that would be relevant.