The Decommissioning Technical team is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy
Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be
removed off premises. Team members will also process large volumes of customer data to ensure that
all customer data is sanitized and properly managed.
This Entry Level position requires candidates to be a self-starter, highly motivated individual who can
adhere to strict processes and be able to perform repetitive tasks with no deviation and demonstrate
continuously consistent results.
Team Members will be working in a team environment not only with other members of the team but
also from other teams and must be able to communicate and promote cross-team functionality.
This is an entry level position and qualified candidates do not require intimate details of software
operations or networking protocols.
Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must
be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
Data Center Technicians (Decommission Technician) will be responsible for:
- Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
- Moving/lifting packages usually no greater than 75 lbs.
- Unpacking/repacking fragile electronics
- Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
- Creating/attaching labels and barcodes
- Hard drive installation and removal, and destruction
- Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations.
- Physical layer and Application layer
- Updating progress through a web ticketing system
- Reporting of processes and regular status updates
- Documenting procedures
- Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
- Familiarity with basic PC components/hardware:
· HDD/SSD/Flash/Removable storage media
· Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
* Experience with a ticketing system is a plus but not required
* Work well with others and communicate/promote cross team functionality
* Possess excellent communication skills
*Perform duties constantly and without deviations unless otherwise instructed
* The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and may require
working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
*Previous experience working on IT equipment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, building
computers, troubleshooting PC/Desktops/Laptops)
*Previous experience migrating and decommissioning of data center assets a plus.
* Cisco switch configurations