Software Development Engineer
About the Role
My Client specialises in the insurance sector, offering leading innovative solutions to the market. They are looking to hire people that will help achieve goals with hard work, enthusiasm and a demonstration of their experience and expression of their own ideas. You will be working in a fast-paced environment to implement new solutions for the London and Global Insurance Markets.
Apply for the Software Development Engineer Role above or contract Graham Houlihan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Engineer Role:
• Design, code, test and document particularly large, complex or mission critical programs
• Working with the Business Analysts to understand product requirements, and providing technical feedback
• Researching technical solutions to the requirements, and developing working prototypes when necessary
• Translating product requirements into technical designs and solutions
• Apply available standards, methods and tools in an intelligent and effective way.
• Specify information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that will meet the business requirements
• Assist colleagues/clients/users in defining acceptance tests
• Be part of a structured review of work produced by the development team.
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Development Engineer Role:
• 3+ years relevant experience in software development
• Degree in Computer Engineering or related discipline
• Good understanding of Relational databases including Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
• Good understanding of Unit testing
• Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft Internet Information Services
• Source/Version Control experience – Preferably TFS
• Ability to work in a team and collaborate with other company departments
• Ability to engender trust and credibility both internally and externally
• Insurance Technology or FinTech industry experience an advantage
• Knowledge of Azure an advantage
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: )