IT Deskside Support Engineer - Lisburn
Velocity Technology Solutions is looking to employ an ambitious IT support person to join their IT Deskside support team. The preferred candidate would be based at our customer's site in the Lurgan area. The role would suit a recent IT graduate, or a reasonably experienced IT support person with a strong technical mindset, coupled with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Velocity provides their employees with many benefits, including (but not limited to) a pension scheme, private healthcare and access to training materials, as well as funding for technical examinations where appropriate.
* Responsible for professional ticket handling using the Service-Now ticketing system.
* Responsible for the support of our Culcavy (Hillsborough) site.
* Be available for cover at our Dublin site in the event of escalations and absences.
* Responsible for resolving the problems or questions from our customer's staff members:
* In a friendly way
* With a professional approach
* Explaining solutions to end-users in an understandable, non-technical, user-friendly manner.
* To understand technically, the entire IT infrastructure, with the ability to quickly and accurately define and resolve technical problems.
* Responsible for daily activity management including activities covering:
* Liaising with hardware and software suppliers obtaining quotes before passing them on to the customers purchasing team.
* Liaising with hardware and software suppliers to enable timely resolution of IT issues.
* Your own call management, keeping calls up to date with any actions taken.
* Reviewing and implementing user, server and network change requests.
* Part of the role will relate to carrying out specific projects for our customer as and when they arise. Complexity of projects assigned will vary according to the experience and ability of the DSS Technician.
* To support other team members as appropriate.
* To perform other duties as required.
Appropriate academic IT qualification.
Good verbal communication skills.
Be able to work on your own, but also works well in a team and enjoys helping others.
Must be a sufficient self-starter who requires minimum supervision.
You will be friendly and approachable.
You will have the ability to cope with multiple problems in a calm and professional manner.
Precision, professionalism, perfectionism, flexibility, passion for new technologies and a pragmatic approach.
Monday - Friday (08.30 - 17:00)
You must be fluent in English speaking and writing.
Good technical understanding and experience.
Knowledge of supporting Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook and Office 365 is essential.
Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting (IP addressing, DHCP, DNS) is an important asset.
Knowledge of Microsoft Operations, Remote Deployment, Active Directory, Exchange Server, PC /Server hardware, Remote Access tools.
Working knowledge of ITIL processes is also advantageous.
Salary for the role is based on skills and experience.
AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY