Senior Java Developer
Experience: 5+ Years
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to design and implement web-application projects across the organisation.
Our Clients IT department is comprised of five competency centres reporting to the Head of IT. Each competency centre is focused upon a specific capability such that when combined they operate as a cohesive partnership aimed at providing application delivery and maintenance capabilities for our customers.
The Web competency is responsible for building and maintaining five external websites as well as a collection of internal services and portals. The team works with business colleagues and other teams within IT to deliver projects within the IT delivery programme.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Full Stack Software Developer with significant software development experience to design and implement web-application projects across the organisation.
- As a member of a Zurich Life Web Team role, you will design and build quality and robust technical solutions based upon agreed business requirements
- Prepare and apply software releases between development, test and production environments.
- Triage, diagnose and remediate production issues in a complex technical environment.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Senior Java Developer your skills and qualifications will include:
- 5+ years plus experience in a similar Java/J2EE software developer role.
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Server-side Java development experience with J2EE (JMS, Web Services etc) and IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience building responsive web applications using modern front-end technologies such as CSS and HTML5.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and JSON over REST-based data exchange.
- Experience in a Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) using Enterprise Integration Patterns. REST, Mulesoft, SOA/Web services development a plus.
- Database experience such as using JDBC, JDO, Hibernate, iBatis etc.
Essential and Desirable Skills
- Continuous Integration: Maven, Nexus, BitBucket, Bamboo.
- Testing: JMeter, Selenium, SoapUI/LoadUI.
- IDEs: Eclipse, Rational Application Developer.
- Severs: IBM Websphere Application Server.
- Source control: Git, Svn.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and Jira.
- UX and design sensibilities are beneficial.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive and focused on all aspects of the approach to work.
- Enjoy working within a team and be capable of working under own initiative.
- Hold a recognised 3rd level qualification in Computer Engineering/Science.
- Fluent written and oral English.
Primary work location is Blackrock
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Jonathan Power in itContracting directly.
- Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.