Data Migration Specialist
Experience: 4+ Years
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client is a fast-growing international company that is providing critical services to mid-tier law firms. The mission is to streamline and modernise the way lawyers and clients collaborate and access information.
The team is comprised of a dedicated team of industry experts, who have more than 20 years of expertise in the areas of law, accounting, and software programming. The practice management platform provides law firms with a wide range of functionality, from document automation and workflow management, to financial and management reporting.
They are a company of pragmatic thinkers who listens to your ideas and does not choose design decisions by job title – your voice counts, and your decisions and actions will directly impact on the success of the business. They are nimble and not afraid of new technologies all the while having a keen focus on how it will be benefit users.
About the Role
Do you love working with data - lots of data? Love that feeling you get when the script you ran on hundreds of gigabytes of data matches up exactly? Love coming up with clever solutions on our platform to solve challenging problems for our clients? Love sharing the end results with our clients? This is the role made for you.
As a data migration specialist, you will form part of the project team that holds responsibility for transitioning data to our software platform.
You will use your excellent communication skills, and strong ability to understand client requirements to create practical solutions for their business requirements. Then work with a team comprised of developers, business analysts and project managers to ensure a streamlined transition onto our software platform.
- Client requirements gather and analysis;
- Project reporting and review of migration issues/feedback;
- Creation of new Data Migrations from competitor systems;
- Maintenance and improvements of existing migrations;
- Documentation of all migrations – internal and client facing;
- Technical guide writing/documentation;
- Team development and guidance for junior members; and
- Internal process improvements.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a technical data migration role;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High level of competency in C# and MS SQL;
- Experience with XML, .NET., JSON;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Familiarity with Windows CMD, Powershell, and Visual Studio;
- Time Management.
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Experience working in a project environment;
- Excellent client facing skills;
- Knowledge of Legal industry (legal accounting principles are highly desirable);
- Experience with report writing software SSRS, Crystal Reports, Dev Express; and
- Familiarity with bug tracking software (Jira, Redmine), and version control.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Jonathan Power in itContracting directly.
- Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.