An International media company with over 35m active monthly users are setting up an advanced data engineering and data science lab in Galway and are now recruiting a highly skilled team that will tackle some of the most technical & analytical challenges in the entertainment data-driven world.
Day to Day:
* You will work in a small team of 4-7 people, immersed in a start-up atmosphere that is fast-paced & low on bureaucracy, with the backing of a very successful global company.
* You will use the latest tools and technologies on Google Cloud Platform and the concept of infrastructure-as-code to bring software automation to cloud infrastructure.
* Speed and latency are critical factors so you will continuously strive to refine the definition of "real-time". You will build the data & analytics backbone which will empower real-time user experiences.
What we like to see:
* Strong academic background with proven experience working as a software engineer ideally on data-intensive, server-side projects ideally using Python or Java.
* Experience with distributed systems, NoSQL datastores, Kafka or similar
* Experience with agile scrum or Kanban and modern CI/CD and DevOps practices
* Analytical mindset - problem-solving through analytical techniques.
The nice to have! Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Kubernetes, Python, dealing with high-volume transactional data, Knowledge of Martech platforms