As a Senior Technical lead you will play a key role on a global programme working with senior Business leaders, Product Owners and Technology teams to deliver a new technology platform to support our clients Workplace Investments business.
Working alongside multiple stakeholder groups you will need to utilise your experience of working in agile delivery teams to assist with the design, definition, exploration and delivery of an end to end technology solution to service a scaling global Workplace Investments business.
The successful candidate will have a detailed knowledge of working in an Agile environment using Agile tools and techniques, behaviour driven development (BDD), DevOps toolchains and cloud architecture's. You will have experience working with full scale Scrum or Kanban, and be a competent user of Jira and Confluence.
You must have a passion for delivering high quality and scalable solutions with a continued focus on the customer need. You should be both willing to challenge and to be challenged on where things can be improved and are comfortable working alongside other engineers in a pair programming environment.
You will be required to effectively influence and assist key stakeholders, support the formation of a new team and commence delivery of a largely greenfield solution. A willingness to take on new challenges, collaborate and share knowledge freely with global teams is absolutely critical to success.
Your key accountabilities
This position requires a strong self-starter with solid technical engineering background and influencing skills, who can lead the way, assist development teams with architecture, design decisions, coding, troubleshooting and any other technical issues related to implementation of a customer facing proposition.
* Responsible for delivering and providing technical expertise as part of the delivery team from both design and day to day coding.
* Working with the product owners identify new improvements, customer requirements and follow through to delivery.
* Ensure delivery in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
* Stakeholder management across various Technology and Business teams.
* Ensures that technical solutions are fit for purpose, including for functional, non-functional and support requirements and aligned to Global Technology Strategies.
* Be the trusted advisor to the business.
* Partner closely with Architecture, business and supporting central groups while working within a global team.
Your skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years' experience working as a software engineer with:
* Experience in software delivery in agile methodologies.
* TDD and pair programming best practise with CI/CD pipelines,
* Developing highly performant quality applications on cloud.
* Strong communication skills & a customer centric focus.
* Working knowledge of APIs, caching and messaging
* Experience with containers technologies will be advantageous
* Experience of DevOps toolchain such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins and Bamboo
* Knowledge of AWS
* Ability to travel when required.
* Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
* Passion for growing your skills and tackling challenging problems
Candidates must be able to demonstrate affinity with the core values:
* Integrity - Taking personal responsibility for always acting in the best interests of our clients.
* Innovation - Being willing to experiment and try new ways to serve our customers.
* Excellence - Striving to be the best while knowing we can always be better next time
If you are interested please email me your CV to (see below)