C++ Software Engineer
About the Role
My client focuses in the niche area of fire control / containment within the ducted ventilation systems. They are currently seeking a software engineer for them to join their team in the Bray offices.
Apply for the Software Engineer Role above or contact Graham Houlihan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer Role:
• Design, coding, maintenance, enhancements, and documentation of our control system products.
• Define, document and execute test scenarios for embedded devices and systems.
• Writing unit tests and conducting code reviews.
• Collaborate with the service engineers and service personnel to debug and resolve software issues in the field.
• Partake in design and code review process with other R&D members
Required Skills and Experience for the Software Engineer Role:
• 5+ years of experience in software design with system testing and debugging.
• Degree in Software Development or an equivalent discipline.
• Proficient in C and C++ and ARM Cortex processors, and RTOS
• Experience working with low level communication protocols such as I2C, and SPI.
• Ability to work independently with minimal outside supervision with a focus on solving complex problems across multiple systems.
• Occasionally when it is necessary to travel to customer sites.
• Knowledge of fieldbus protocols such as LonWorks, Modbus, or BACnet is highly desirable.
If you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: )