Software QA Engineer
My Client is a large player in the telecommunications industry. Due to their continued success, they are currently seeking a Software QA Engineer to join their high-performance and expanding team. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing various strategies for quality coordination and testing.
Excellent benefits package on offer.
Apply for the Software QA Engineer role above or contact Shane Carton for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software QA Engineer role:
• You will drive a quality ethos across through your interactions with various individual contributors, teams, departments and related organizations, to a high standard
• Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
• Maintain and execute test cases and/or regression test suites in support of our daily deployment
• Help testing our software the various phases of the development life cycle, including post release tests
• Production Support and patch/hot-fix management: creating and executing tests to validate issues and fixes
• Bug reporting and issue tracking to resolution: reporting, updating and tracking issues through to resolution using Jira. Bugs are documented in a manner that ensures that all stakeholders are in a position to reproduce the bug, if required
• Reporting: communicating test results and findings (test sessions, including bugs and producing some training documentation, where this improves knowledge transfer). This data may need to be communicated verbally and/or in written format, in a clear and concise way
• Audit/Test current products and identify deficiencies and opportunities
• Working with the overall development team, including UX to define opportunities to improve our web portals and mobile applications
• Improve the QA processes used by our various software teams
• Improve the quality and coverage of our automated test suites for our code bases
• Identify training needs and take action to ensure team-wide compliance
• Pursue a continuous learning mindset to keep abreast of new solutions, technologies, and skills
• The role is new and will allow a lot of personal growth in the coming years as we build up our QA team and processes
Required Skills and Experience for the Software QA Engineer role:
• BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related areas.
• Professional certification, such as Six Sigma, Quality Engineer, or Quality Auditor
• Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
• Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, version control practices and defect management practice
• A proactive, self-motivated personality with a strong commitment to learning
• Be aware of the relationship between the development team and success of the overall business, and have a strong sense of ownership over this relationship
• An ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
• Experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies and others
• Familiar with JIRA, BitBucket (Pipeline)
• Ability to write Technical documentation
• Knowledge / awareness of the security aspects of software is important