Experience: 5+ Years
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client is looking for an Application Developer (L400) to join the office in Blackrock.
The L400 developer will be responsible for software development on the L400 Platform. They will undertake complex business analysis and software development work, typically requiring a deep knowledge of working practices and business processes in one or more business areas. They will provide technical advice and guidance to colleagues to support the specification and development of software solutions
As an Application Developer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Analyse requirements to determine which solution(s) which would best satisfy requirements
- Design and build new software solutions
- Prepare and execute Unit Test plans and document results.
- Prepare and execute System and Integration Test plans and document results.
- QA and SIT test software built by other L400 developers
- Provide UAT support
- Provide Production Support activities as required
- Modify existing software to correct errors
- Required to understand complex applications and integrations to other applications
- Explain complex technical issues to project managers, developers, team leads and architects in an easy to understand manner and recommend clearly thought out solutions.
- Troubleshoot program code, related objects, and documentation in order to resolve application issues.
- Completes agreed work within established estimates and communicates status and issues promptly.
- Assess and evaluate IT business processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Quality check program code, related objects, and documentation.
- Conduct preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Contribute to the delivery of assigned IT projects in own area of expertise for specific lines of business, collaborating with IT colleagues from across the wider function to agree an approach for project / program management.
Your Skills and Experience
As an Application Developer your skills and qualifications will include:
Preferred Qualification & Experience
- Preferably with at least 5 years’ experience working in the Life Insurance industry
- Software development experience with COBOL/400 programming, SMART, Business Objects, CL/400, AS400/Query and SQL
- Resourceful, dynamic individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Hold a recognised 3rd level qualification in Computer Engineering/Science
Primary work location is Blackrock but occasional travel may be required to other Client locations.
Some benefits include: Training & development opportunities; Staff Pension Scheme; Free on-site parking; Subsidised Staff Restaurant; Sports and Social Club; Bike to work/Tax Saver; Bicycle Parking & Shower Facilities; and more.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Jonathan Power in itContracting directly.
- Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.