Management Information (MI) Business Information (BI) Developer
Experience: 5+ Years
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client is looking for an MIBI Developer to be part of the existing MIBI team within the IT Department. This MIBI team works closely with the Management Information and Data Services (MIDS) team to deliver the reporting and data analysis requirements of the business.
The IT Department is currently divided between three locations in Dublin & Wexford. The role advertised will be predominately based in Ballsbridge.
Our Client is committed to transforming the current application landscape. The dynamic of IT department will evolve over time with the development of these transformation programmes. This will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to develop new skills and further career opportunities.
As an MIBI Developer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Work in a wider project teams on the end to end delivery of complex data solutions
- Be proactive in the development of the MIBI capabilities
- Contribute to analysis of business requirements
- Translate business requirements into MI design solutions
- Build, Test & Deliver MI Solutions
- Contribute to the long-term data strategy of our Client
- Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle
- Builds good working relationships with IT development teams, Management Information and Data Services (MIDS) team, Business analysts project managers and other stakeholders
- Ability to help keep team motivated in high pressure situations
- Responds maturely to ambiguity and complexity
Your Skills and Experience
As an MIBI Developer your skills and qualifications will include:
Preferred Technical Skills
- Data Modelling & Database design
- Data warehouse and data mart design
- Strong MS SQL Server DBA skills
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- SAP Business Objects (BO) Experience
- Knowledge of SAS Data Analytics would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Attunity Replicate / Attunity Compose would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Tableau data visualisation software would an advantage
- General Insurance industry knowledge, would be an advantage
- Proactive, enthusiastic with a hunger for excellence
- Able to cope with fast moving environment with varying workloads and pressures.
- Problem solving and judgement skills
- A good team worker, building team spirit
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity
- Takes personal responsibility for resolving issues
- An ability to work independently and under limited supervision
- Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to deal with customers and 3rd Parties on a pro-active basis
- Works in a systematic, methodical & orderly way
- Strong influencing skills.
Competencies & Behaviours
- Demonstrate commitment to corporate values.
- Take accountability for participating in the Performance management cycle.
- Take action to improve performance on the job.
- Assist and support co-workers.
- Take action to manage own personal development.
- Approach tasks with a ‘Can Do’ attitude,
Primary work location is Ballsbridge. Position is Dublin-based but occasional travel may be required to other client locations.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Jonathan Power in itContracting directly.
- Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.