Role: Application Support Lead
Job Type: Permanent/Contract
Job Purpose and primary objectives:
The Application Support Lead is a critical role working within the IT Technology Services Department. You will respond to the needs of our business users through delivery of system maintenance fixes and software enhancements for our in-house systems (predominantly Java/SQL/.Net). This role will also be involved with the IT Helpdesk Service teams & the Software development teams on a variety of challenging BAU tickets/Projects encompassing - core business process/workflow automation, product development, desktop and web-based client systems development, ETL and data integration - in a mixed .Net, Java and various cloud based technologies.
You will be heavily involved in all aspects of these application support and will have direct access to experienced colleagues who will encourage industry practices (eg security, architecture, PMO) and provide technical/business process assistance where applicable.
Key responsibilities :
* Provide an excellent service to our customers by resolving software application issues. This requires problem solving technical issues in a timely manner to meet our business requirements.
* Work with management teams to accurately plan and implement upgrades to IT Application infrastructure and security posture and be a key contributor/decision maker in the strategic direction of our technology stack and strategy.
* The ongoing delivery and maintenance of a stable and secure live IT Environment for on-prem applications and cloud based applications
* People management for team reporting into you: personal development planning, performance reviews, training, general admin.
* Participation in weekly IT Team Leadership forum to discuss and plan architecture and strategy of the AIS platforms.
* Regular status reporting to project managers and IT manager on progress & issues.
* Continue learning and helping those around you - your career advancement is key to our success.
* Strong experience in with at least 1 3GL programming languages (eg C++, Java, .NET etc.)
* Solid understanding of OO concepts (classes, objects, interfaces, inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism) and Stored procedure (T-SQL, PL/SQL or equivalent) and ANSI SQL development (preferably in Informix/SQL Server environment)
* Solid application experience of Design Patterns and UML/ASP.NET web application development/.NET class library development/.NET Framework 3.5
* Strong knowledge of Office 365 (incl Outlook/Email/S4B/Teams/SP/OneDrive) environment
* Strong knowledge of VMWare, Desktop virtualization (Citrix/Xen, VMWare View)
* Strong knowledge of Security and Access Controls (MFA) implementation
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory and Windows 2008/16 Servers
* Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Server
* Experience as technical liaison for 3rd party service/system provider
* Strong experience of Application/infrastructure project delivery (planning, analysis, implementation) using PMP/PRINCE2 or similar
* Experience with Windows 7/10 implementation
* Commitment to Excellence: driven to achieve excellent standards of work. High standards of accuracy.
* Strong communicator with ability to coordinate and collaborate across areas, both verbally and in writing.
* A proactive attitude and strong service ethic.
* Strong team player and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels.
* Gather information and probe for facts. Weigh up options and produce practical and workable solutions within the overall defined architecture solution.
* Ability to react to changing priorities and work unsupervised and remain focussed on goals under pressure.
* Good time management, estimation skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines.