CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at .
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Lead Business Analyst, initially supporting the CME POST-TRADE Services Team .
CME Belfast team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services.
Ld IT Business Analyst acts as a primary interface w/ business & partners w/ the dev. teams to provide an integrated solution across domains. For a primary domain, s/he is responsible from the initial business request, impact analysis, & prioritization thru detailed analysis, design, & solution implementation. Often serving as analysis project lead on large projects or coach junior analysts.
* Analysis Planning, Monitoring, and Communication: Responsible for driving the analysis planning, analysis approach, and requirements management. Often serves as a project lead. Contributes to a primary domain, while managing and delegating analysis work for other analysts on the project.
* Detailed Analysis: Responsible for performing detailed analysis activities such as detailed requirements, user stories, interface specs, UI specs, and report specs. Often serves as a project lead. Contributes to a primary domain, while managing and delegating analysis work for other analysts on the project.
* Elicitation: Responsible for leading the elicitation sessions, story-boarding, prototyping, and analysis. Often serves as a project lead. Provides direction to other analysts on the tools and techniques required for the project.
* Impact Analysis: Responsible for or contributing to the business need/case definition; Solicited for input on or provides contributions to the budget analysis or impact assessment for a primary domain; Defines the project feature set with high level requirements.
* Knowledge Management: Contributes to and manages the knowledge base for a primary domain, including both project artifacts and living artifacts. Seen as a go-to person.
* Leadership: Often responsible for coaching colleagues on the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful.
* Solution Assessment and Validation: Partners with QA on testing strategy and test plan reviews; reviews the logical and physical design; Leads and facilitates user acceptance testing.
* Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
* Significant experience in leading business or systems analysis efforts and/or teams, providing functional oversight to projects.
* Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
* Ability to understand and absorb business & technology concepts quickly.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience working with customer facing applications (GUI'S, API's)
* Performs tasks independently and effectively, meeting the stakeholder needs
* Analyzes high priority action items, identifies next steps, commits to next steps
* Ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization
* Experience of writing user stories and epic in a story-driven, agile environment.
* Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
* Experience in Capital Markets, namely in regulation, compliance, or operational risk.
* Knowledge of Dodd Frank and/or EMIR regulation.
* Knowledge of Data capture and distribution systems
* Experience of cloud technologies - AWS and or Google.