Role: Network Operations Engineer
Term: 6-11 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Gempool is on the look for number talented Network Engineers for an onsite role inside one of the largest and most exciting IT companies in the world.
Ideally you will have or be working towards CCNP level with at least 2 years experience working with BGP and OSPF. If you have to google what a Route Reflector is, perhaps this role isn't quite for you.
We are looking for a network engineer in Core Deployment, Scaling, maintenance and operations departments,
Here are some of your daily responsibilities:
* Help managing on of the largest network in the world
* Provide critical network operations support to internal and external customers to diagnose, remediate and trouble shoot large-scale networking events
* Support and maintain the Data Centre networks - Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes to mitigate complex issues
* Cooperate with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden by enhancing auto-remediation tools and workflows.
* Management process - Collaborate with level two and level-three engineers.
* Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues with a focus on removing manual actions from mitigation activities
* Effective escalation of issues to mid and senior-level management for full resolution
* Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
* Troubleshoot networking, routing and interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
* Complete customer requests via internal trouble ticketing systems
This is a great opportunity to work along side some of the leading Engineers in the world. You will gain unreal experience working on a huge network and improve as an Engineer.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV to the link provided or call Robert on (phone number removed)