Overview of Role
Platform services provide a range of IT Services for our clients located throughout the UK. The role is in our Business Centre located in Hillview House, Newtownabbey.
As the DC Operator you will work within the Data Centre Management providing IT support to client workloads, fault diagnosis and escalation to high operational standards.
* Responsible for administering a Tivoli job scheduling tool that is used to manage batch jobs for client contracts.
* Running and maintaining business schedules and to respond to any fails
* Maintaining the schedules, adding and removing jobs as requested
* Understanding job dependencies accompanied by "on the job" training
* Workload instigation & completion of batch profiles.
* Call instigation and escalation to support teams and client teams as appropriate.
* Tape Management and Backup monitoring
* Participate in a standby process for the Overnight Batch Runs, once a full understanding of how Tivoli works and how to deal with fails during the daytime
* Completion of Operational reports within agreed timescales
* Gain an understanding of the Tape Rotation Process and the importance of knowing where tapes are at a given point in time.
* Ensures that all tapes are loaded correctly and escalates if there any issues with tapes either broken or missing etc.
* If tapes are requested to be brought back on-site for a restore, that the associated documentation is received and kept up to date.
* Ensure that all relevant tape spreadsheets are kept up to date and filed where appropriate.
* Full Training will be provided
Essential Experience Skills
* Ability to work under pressure and to specific deadlines, and flexible regarding working hours.
* Interpersonal skills
* IT proficiency in use of PC Applications (e.g. word , excel, outlook)
* Team Working
* Full Driving Licence
Desired Experience / Skills
* An ability / understanding of Unix is desirable
* The maintenance and understanding and importance of flowcharts is also desirable
* Proven team player, able to work effectively and closely with others.
* Ability to learn and follow processes but also able to identify and suggest improvements to work processes.
* Problem solving skills.
* Able to deal with urgent issues in a calm but timely manner
About Capita Technology Solutions
Capita Technology Solutions is one of the largest IT providers in the UK, providing critical digital, cloud and infrastructure services to over 3,500 organisations. We're the number one provider of IT services to the public sector, supporting one in four hospitals, over 2,500 schools and 50 local councils.
What We Hope You Will Do Next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.