Location: Belfast, with regular local and national travel
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Do you want to be part of a leading charity that are on a mission to become a digital organisation and transform the children's social care sector?
Barnardo's is a 150 year old charity with a very clear goal: to provide better social care, so that more children and families have better outcomes.
As the partnerships lead, you join their growing digital and technology team which is responsible for leading the transformation of the whole organisation. You will design and implement the sustainable income model for your team whilst working closely with the director, head of capability and engagement, the wider business development team, corporate partnerships and various trusts. Ultimately you will bring to life the vision of using the digital transformation of Barnardo's to generate income rather than costs.
* Research and pilot approaches to build sustainability for products and programmes of work
* Explore new income avenues - for instance, the recent addition of Barnardo's to Digital Outcomes and Specialists - to craft new propositions for the children's social care and mental health markets, for example in providing digital or research and development expertise, and far beyond
* Alongside the Director, develop trusted relationships with individuals and groups within and beyond Barnardo's with experience of venture capital, private equity, incubators and accelerators, and start-ups
* Capitalise on our current competitive advantage in digital in the public sector, to ensure that we rapidly achieve our goal to become self-sustaining What we can offer you:
* Competitive starting salary up to £45,282 with annual salary reviews.
* Annual leave: 26 days per annum, increasing to 29 days per annum after 5 years Barnardo's service with the option to purchase up to 5 additional days.
* Pension Scheme: Barnardo's offers a 4% or 6% matched contribution to our Group Personal Pension.
* Enhanced maternity, adoption and fostering leave pay
* Work life balance: Barnardo's offers a number of policies to help employees achieve a greater work life balance including flexible working.
* Travel season ticket loan
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Trade union recognition: Barnardo's has a recognition agreement with UNISON.
* Equality, Diversity & Inclusion: We have four networks (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, Disability, LGBT and Women) which are open to all and provide support to those that identify with them. Skills and experience:
* Professional knowledge of business development, equal to degree level in an IT or business related discipline
* Aptitude, appetite and enthusiasm for digital transformation and business development is vital and should be demonstrable
* Demonstrable experience of designing or leading a business development programme for a start-up, incubator/accelerator, or foundation, or a transformation team or innovation unit inside a larger organisation
* Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing an income model
* Demonstrable experience of successful market scanning, qualification, bidding and pitching
* Demonstrable experience of managing funding relationships, reporting to funders, and fiduciary responsibility (eg privacy and IP)
* Excellent technical communication skills, for instance presenting, writing for the web, or videography
* Detailed understanding of legislative, financial and reputational risk and experience of putting in working practices to prevent and mitigate errors If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply now to avoid missing out!