itContracting are currently seeking applications for a Desktop Support Engineer. This is a long-term daily-rate contract position based with our client in Dublin 4.
The Desktop Support Engineer will become a key member of our client’s IT Service Desk Team, and will focus on the resolution of end user requests, ensuring both accuracy and timely closure of issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable communicating technical processes and procedures in a way that is clear and easy to understand for non-technical personnel, and will have a friendly personality with strong interpersonal skills, as a main requirement of this role will be the ability to interact with our client’s end users.
- Act as a team member focused on improving our client’s current mobile, desktop systems, file system, printing, VoIP, and video conference services for local end users
- Provide exceptional service delivery to all end users, internal IT staff and executives inside and outside the organization
- Input into development, maintenance and review standard operational procedures
- Work closely with other IT teams when required and act in senior roles on projects
- Support of mobile devices
- Support of virtualized desktop environments
- Support of end user mobile and desktop security
- Support of VoIP and video conference systems
- Strong desire to develop and increase business awareness and IT knowledge
- Technical Knowledge
- Strong understanding of Microsoft technologies and Cisco unified communication tools
- Good familiarity with iOS and Android mobile platforms
- Able to identify issue and assist in the enhancement or improvement of IT systems
- Able to navigate easily in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Proficient in the troubleshooting functionality of complex technical services on and off premise
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure technologies with focus placed on troubleshooting of end user issues
- Working knowledge on the delivery of desktop services through Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2 e.g. OS imaging, OS patching, asset management, packaging of end user applications, day-to-day systems management and reporting
- Team Player
- Able to collaborate with colleagues in a team oriented environment
- Strong desire to develop and increase team knowledge
- Excellent oral and written documentation skills
- Able to articulate complex technical issues in a way that is easily understood by non-technical team members
- Ideal candidate will have experience in dealing in a shared services environment
- Quality/ Value
- Continuously improves system, process and knowledge
- Seeks out ways to streamline and automate technical processes
- Works to better their technical knowledge through their own avenues – online training, technical whitepapers, professional organizations, etc.
- 2 years’ experience working in a similar IT support environment
- Relevant IT certifications (i.e. Microsoft, ITIL etc.) would be beneficial
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information, please apply here or contact David White in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.