Director, Technology and Software Development
Crossing your fingers or clicking your heels three times while wishing for a Director role in the technology and software development space won't help you in 2020- actually, I'm not sure that's ever worked. No, I'm not doubting your trusty magic slippers, I'm really saying that roles at this level only open on that rare occasion.
That said, it must be a blue moon as a technical Director is needed to lead the entire software development function at Belfast's leading software house.
If you've been in your role a few years now, feeling uncomfortable as your forehead gently presses against a glass ceiling, this is for you.
It's a role that won't see you work tirelessly as a Director trying to motivate software development teams in tweaking the same old, clapped out product suite. You'll play with and lead the implementation of new technologies as you lead/motivating development teams in the art of applied innovation.
* An expert in applied innovation- meaning it's a company that uses new/emerging technology with real-world consequences. That sentence sounds scary, but really they make life more interesting.
* Responsible for creating many products that you've probably used and using technology to solve problems that have faced big business or even your loved ones. A perfect place for a technical Director to make a real impact.
This is a director role within a growing technology company with a stellar reputation for technical excellence. It will see you:
* Be a technical SME (subject matter expert), ensuring development best practices are being applied (alongside the most appropriate use of technology) across the entire SDLC.
* Building teams through recruitment and advancing the technical capacity of your current team members.
* Implementing agile best practices.
You've made a career from leaving your mark across Belfast's technology marketplace. This leadership experience is underpinned by:
* Personal hands-on experience leading the development and deployment of large-scale cloud applications.
* Can still code/review code and keeps abreast of new technologies in the hopes of applying these as a solution to real world and commercial problems.
* The ability to mentor, train and recruit engineers that contribute to a collaborative/agile working culture.
* Experience in software architecture, software development and delivery- ie still knows code.
This role offers:
* A salary of up to £90,000 per year depending on experience.
* Healthcare, bonus, pension, tax benefits.
Apply now and we can have a no-strings chat where I can fill you in with the finer details. If interested, we'll work together to process an official application.