Responsible for leading Automation test efforts and test resources, including large complex Test Automation projects/multiple sub-projects across functional areas or multiple systems. Works closely and collaboratively with Automation QA team, Project QA members , capability teams, internal and vendor resources to identify, understand and translate automation requirements into technical specifications, conceptual solutions and/or designs and to ensure that projects are delivered with quality by adhering to Automation SDLC processes and ensures solution development process is adhering to process controls. Responsible for documentation of Automation Solutions, training and transition. Coaches andmentors other Automation team members, and provides workload management support. Drives and implements opportunities to uplift Automation capability.
- Planning: Understands requirements from the project team; leads the conceptual design discussions for assigned work and provides consulting and mentoring to other team members for their designs and review sessions, ensuring that the automation solution is viable and designed appropriately to solve the requirements; creates solutions for complex/integratedideas; provides automation estimates and the Delivery Schedule for assigned work, reviews estimates from other team members and creates overall delivery schedule in partnership with senior team members.
- Design/Development/Test: Documents detailed designs for automation solutions, codes/configures utilizing approved Automation tools , conducts unit tests, defect analysis and resolution, supports testing of solutions by QA and UAT and peer reviews work done by senior team members and monitors the progress on their tasks. Leads and monitors Design walkthrough sessions, solution demos, code review sessions and training sessions. Adheres to the standards with respect to tools, framework, scripting and versioning techniques as directed by Automation Architects. Provides issue resolution and drives escalation. Performs maintenance to existing solutions including updating documentation.
- Communication: Responsible for assessing and communicating status of activities. Guides and reviews the documentation of Automation training materials done by junior team members. Ensures daily/weekly status reports are communicated, including progress against milestones, issues and risks are identified and escalated to PM and the Improvement: Helps open opportunities to uplift test Automation capability and contributes to their implementation through supporting change, innovation and improvements
Key Requirements/ Skills
- 2 years experience required: Software Engineering Development with focus on Quality Assurance testing and Automation Testing. Experience with automation frameworks/tools (Not limited to QTP, UFT and Selenium) and continuous integration systems. Expertise with XML and related tools and technologies. high level experience in one or more scripting languages and/or programming languages like VB, Perl, TCL and
- Four-year degree required: BS/BA computer science, related discipline, or experience equivalent