The Senior Security Analyst role sits within our Security Operations Centre and will be joining an exciting and growing part of the business, involved in managing & maintaining security in client environments. This role is perfect for someone who has experience as an analyst in a Managed Service SOC environment.
You will be responsible for providing support, mentoring, and acting as an escalation point for Evros SOC Level 2 Analysts and customers. You will be responsible for leading and delivering accurate and expedient handling of security incidents as well as contributing to the development and maintenance of SOC services.
- Respond to security incidents escalated by Level 2 analysts and react appropriately to protect Internal and Client information and assets
- Help develop and implement appropriate security incident management and threat response processes
- Continuously assess current state of security monitoring and recommend improvements
- Review security related events and assess risk to take corrective actions
- In depth technical understanding of threats, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Provide limited out of hours On Call support for incident investigation validation
- Third level degree in security or IT related field; or equivalent experience
- 3 years minimum experience working in a Security Operations Centre
- Understanding and experience with incident response methodologies
- Understanding of network devices such as firewalls, IPS & network packet capture tools
- Good knowledge of network and server security products, technologies, and protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, excellent analytical ability
- Show capacity to break down problems into constituent parts and flexibility to handle several information security issues simultaneously
- Team player, willing to work together with colleagues to reach the best outcomes as well as capacity to work on your own initiative.
- Experience of SIEM technology, ideally QRadar
- Network knowledge such as Firewall, IPS/IDS, Routing/Switching
- Security certifications (GCIH, CySA+, CISM or similar) preferred
- Good customer facing skills
For more information please apply here or contact Michal Gawronski in Evros Technology Group.
Evros is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.