Senior Business Analyst
My Client is an advanced, award-winning IT Services and Software Development company that helps clients achieve their greatest potential using the power of technology. They are currently seeking an Senior Business Analyst to join their team. The successful candidate will work within the BA Team to support the delivery of projects to our customers.
Apply for the Senior Business Analyst role above, or contact John Egan for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior Business Analyst role:
• Engaging with our customers to explore and understand their business requirements and transform these into detailed functional specifications that can be delivered by our software team
• Communicating and presenting complex technical and process dependencies to clients in a manner understandable by business users
• Responsibility for process mapping, documentation of user roles, interface specifications and general software system structure
• Creating Product Backlogs in an Agile development environment
• Participating in delivery team agile ceremonies including sprint meetings, sprint planning, backlog grooming
• Be the primary go-to person within the delivery team in relation to customer requirements
• Performing user story decomposition, if required
• Defining acceptance criteria for user stories and reviewing with the team and Product Owner to ensure that stakeholder and Product Owner intent is effectively captured and developed
• Ensuring solution requirements documentation is kept up to date for the duration of the project
• Maintaining an awareness of development tools, techniques and technologies and carrying out project post-mortems to monitor and continuously improve the BA process
Required Skills and Experience of the Senior Business Analyst role:
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst working primarily in the software development industry
• Strong team player with a results-oriented track record
• Customer-facing experience
• Strong understanding of the Agile development methodology
• Experience creating software functional specifications and business process flows.
• Experience creating and managing product backlogs in an agile development environment.
• Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive enquiries or complaints from customers
• Good understanding of high-level software architectural concepts such as data-models, process flows and context diagrams, etc
• Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels
• Participate in continuous improvement practices
• Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritise own workload
#SeniorBusinessAnalyst #BA #AgileIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449516)