itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Product Analyst. This is a permanent position based with our client in Waterford.
Product Analysts (PAs) provide technical support and advice to the Client Delivery Teams on systems issues as it relates to development of new processes/clients/products. PAs are support resources for new and existing clients through block conversions as well as new product releases.
Product Analysts are contributors to the flow of information between other areas of Information Technology, Finance, Marketing and Operations, to ensure sound business solutions are formed and implemented with quality. PAs are responsible implementing product configuration, as well as unit testing related to system patches, enhancements and other system or data modifications. PAs assist in updating implementation documentation. PAs may need to coordinate work with outsourced development teams and/or outside software vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute proposed business and technical solutions for the supported Annuity and Life product suite
- Effectively interpret product specifications and supporting documentation
- Ensure quality solutions are delivered through detailed unit/integration testing
- Complete detailed research and provide analysis as needed to support leadership in decision making
- Execute test plans for new products and enhancements
- Setup and validate product feature calculation configurations
- Identify, develop and execute continuous improvement opportunities
- Mentor other PAs as necessary
- Effectively communicate progress and timelines with project teams and management
- Any and all other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Finance or a related field; or equivalent work experience in business analysis and application development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Excellent analytical skills and mathematical based reasoning
- Ability to learn new products quickly and to adapt to changes in delivered services
- Understanding of project life cycle
- Proven skills with MS Office Suite of products
- Position may require travel up to 10% of the time
- Flexible and adaptable to changing market/business conditions
- Self-starting, self-motivated, team player who has the ability to work independently as well
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Life Insurance or Annuity experience (i.e. Fixed Annuities, Variable Annuities, Fixed Indexed Annuities, Variable Universal Life, Indexed Universal Life, Whole Life)
- A knowledge of annuity or Life product development or configuration, unit testing and functional testing
- Knowledge of database structures
- Experience with a version control system
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.