Front-End Software Engineer
Experience: 4+ Years
Job Type: Contract
Key Responsibilities Our Clients Technology team develops and delivers world-class software to help drive efficiencies and reduce costs during customer engagements. Their flagship cloud application platform implements a microservice architecture in a Pivotal Cloud Foundry PaaS. The applications primarily use Angular single page applications on the front-end and Java/Spring Boot microservices on the back-end. Working together within creative, cooperative, highly skilled development squads, you will:
- Join the team in a hands-on role and use modern development methodologies, specifically test-driven-development and continuous delivery in a DevOps culture where you will be involved in all aspects of product development and delivery
- Collaborate to help refine our business requirements and evolve our cloud application platform
- Demonstrate a keen sense of urgency and shared ownership of our products
- Experience with UI Frameworks comparable to Angular, React, Vue
- Experience with CSS/SCSS/Sass/less and/or frameworks such as bootstrap/grid
- Self-Motivated with a willingness to adapt and learn
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and DevOps culture
- Ability to break down user requirements into smaller tasks
- Experience consuming REST APIs
- Knowledge of web service technologies (preferably REST/JSON based)
- Experience with Redux or Flux
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Java/Kotlin/Node backend applications
- Experience in pair programming
- Deep understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Experience crafting REST APIs
- Experience working in a DevOps centric development process employing continuous delivery
- Comfortable with CI/CD tools, such as GIT and Jenkins
- Experience working with a PaaS system
Benefits Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and well-being are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Diversity and Inclusion You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Jonathan Power in itContracting directly.
- Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.