Successful, expanding Fintech software company is seeking to expand its software test team, due to recent acquisition & investment activity. The company offers a dynamic software development environment, utilising the latest in Microsoft Technologies, promotes personal learning and invests in training, professional certifications and career development opportunities and offers the chance to transition from manual into automation testing.
The core focus of the QA team is on testing multiple software applications, software platform testing focussing on the Data backend. Currently the majority of testing conducted is manual but the company is ramping up its introduction of automation testing. The development & test teams work in an Agile Microsoft Technology Environment - .NET, C#, Data, SQL server.
* As part of a Test team, working within an Agile (Scrum) environment, you will be engaged in functional & technical testing of core products against requirements throughout the entire product life cycle
* Test preparation - test estimates, test case design & creation of test data for assigned projects
* Manual test execution using a mix of scripted and non-scripted testing, conducting both functional and non-functional testing
* Involved in the introduction & advancement of test automation strategy
* Proactive resolve software defect issues in coordination with support and development teams
* Contribute to the improvement of the Test Process and Quality Assurance practices
Experience / Skillset required:
* Degree in computing, software engineering or related IT / Testing qualifications
* 2+ years of Software Testing QA experience, testing application software products (such as Web, Windows, Web services and database applications)
* Excellent test case development & execution skills
* Strong SQL & database skills
* Experience using testing and test case management tools such as TFS, JIRA, Quality Centre
* Experience working in an Agile team within a software product development environment
* Expertise in Manual software testing, ideally with some exposure to automation testing in a Microsoft .NET development environment (C#, Selenium, SQL server)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a dynamic development organisation, delivering on multiple projects simultaneously and possessing good multi-tasking skills is essential
* Any expertise in Test data management and/or data quality management is highly desirable
* A background in Financial software testing or Financial Services industry is advantageous
Please note that EU/EEA nationals or existing Irish work visa holders only need apply.
Salary: €40-45K + bonus + benefits
Please view www.irishrecruitment.ie for more details on these roles and for similar vacancies being advertised currently within our Technology Division.
Software tester, QA Analyst, Software Test Engineer, Test Analyst, Manual Tester, Manual Test Engineer, Automation Test Engineer, Software Automation tester, Devops, Dev Ops engineer, Build Engineer, Continuous integration CI, Continuous Development, TFS, Selenium, .NET, C#, C#.NET, Jira, Software engineering, Software Development, SQL server, SQL , Data, Data quality testing, Oracle, QA Engineer, QA Tester, QA Analyst, QA test analyst, Quality assurance tester, Test engineer, software tester, Data Test Analyst, software test, manual tester, application test analyst, applications tester.
IRC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.