One of our Limerick's leading software companies currently has career enhancing opportunity for an experienced Scrum Master to join their team. The primary responsibility of this role is to guide and support an agile team of software engineers working to an agile methodology, delivering business critical projects for our customers whilst maintaining good team morale.
As the Scrum Master, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, coaching and motivating a cohort of software engineers on a daily basis. You will be the main contact point for all your team members, so your communication and people skills need to be excellent.
- Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of software engineers in the creation of high-quality software to agreed project deadlines.
- Actively promote an agile mindset and a positive working environment for the team.
- Mentor and coach all team members in Agile (Scrum/Kanban) values, practices and rules.
- Drive and support the adoption of new agile process tools and techniques within your team.
- Use a servant leadership style to support the team: respond to issues and remove impediments.
- Drive continuous improvement practices within your team, e.g. reviews and retrospectives.
- Shield the team and educate all stakeholders about the team way of working (WoW).
- Train and mentor new team members around agile processes and developing an agile mindset.
Agile Project Management Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner (PO), Business Analyst (BA) and Technical Team Lead (TTL) to ensure a well-groomed backlog of requirements is available for the development team.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily stand ups, sprint retrospectives and team-based release planning.
- Working with a team of Developers, Quality Assurance (QA) and BA staff, assess the performance of the team and establish a pace of development that is sustainable and comfortable for the team.
- Work with the team to define sprint targets and then work closely with the team to ensure delivery of sprint targets and team commitments.
- Play a key role in facilitating realistic estimates of delivery effort to assist with team planning.
- B.Sc/B.Eng or greater in a computing, engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years in a software engineering environment.
- A minimum of 3 years proven experience in agile project management, leading a software development team that was applying agile principles, practices, and theory.
- In-depth knowledge of agile estimation and planning techniques.
- Proven experience in recognising issues, risks and dependencies in all phases of an agile project and applying appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Willingness to travel, if required.
To be considered for this position applicants must be eligible to work and reside in Ireland (holder of an EC Passport or a Current Stamp 4 Visa).
To apply or for further information, Please contact Matthew Duane Rice