The Professional Services team - BELFAST
Metaswitch is the world's leading cloud native communications software company, constructively disrupting the way in which service providers innovate, build and scale their communication services. Our award-winning solutions power the networks for over 1,000 service provider and mobile operators.
The Professional Services team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organization. The Professional Services team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in 500 carriers' networks.
The global Professional Service team is comprised of a combination of
* industry veterans with a vast range of experience in delivering network solutions to our customers
* engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now deploying.
The Professional Service team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products. Metaswitch's customer base continues to grow worldwide, and as a part of this, we are now expanding the Professional Service team.
Successful candidates will become a full part of the Metaswitch Professional Service team, working with customers on a wide range of tasks, including the following,
* Commissioning, configuring and deploying telephony software solutions at a wide range of customers
* Troubleshooting technical issues to assist customers in delivering services
* Helping the customer and project team to identify the technical solution details during the design phase of a projectWriting technical documentation for each of our projects, including Design and Acceptance Test Protocols
* Troubleshooting test cases and verifying configurations
An engineer must act with a high degree of autonomy, combining deep technical expertise with strong analytical reasoning to make sound decisions and provide reliable guidance to our customers. They must be keen to keep learning throughout their career, as the technology they are working on changes.
For this position, we're looking for a candidate who has:
* experience working in a technical, customer facing role
* a strong academic record
* an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* good technical writing skills
* an interest in technology and communications software
Knowledge of the following technologies is beneficial but not required:
* SIP-based voice networks, including SIP telephony architecture and protocols
* IMS and/or VoLTE networks
* Linux enterprise operating systems such as Red Hat
* IPv4/v6 networking, DNS, switching and routing, including use of common troubleshooting tools
* OSS/BSS integration including knowledge with protocols such as SNMP and RADIUS
* Virtual platforms (VMWare or OpenStack)
* Basic script programming in Python, JSON, SOAP/XML
We offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined us, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution. We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
Metaswitch is proud of our focus on and commitment to our employees, and our staff retention is exceptionally high. We are a company that appreciates and looks after our people.
Recruitment at Metaswitch is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
To apply for this position, please submit a comprehensive resume