Senior C++ Developer
My Client is a leading provider of Internet and multi channel banking, ATM and card payment solutions to the global financial services industry. They are currently seeking a Senior C++ Developer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality software across multiple products while also implementing new business requirements.
Excellent Benefits Package On Offer.
To apply for the Senior C++ Developer role, please apply above or contact Helen Gillbanks for more information.
Responsibilities of the Senior C++ Developer role:
• Designing and implementing new features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
• Following sound software design, process and quality practices
• Occasionally travel to customer sites to support the deployment of new features
• Maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the development, QA and support teams to diagnose and resolve issues
• Keeping abreast of new technical developments to enhance or revolutionise the product and customer experience
• Participating in all facets of team development by actively participating in staff mentoring and personal development
• Following sound security engineering practices
• Occasionally provide out of hours support for the product
Required Skills and Experience for the Senior C++ Developer role:
• Honours Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related discipline
• 3+ years proven experience in C and C++ programming languages
• Strong Object oriented Design & Programming skills.
• High level of attention to detail and strong aptitude for learning new technologies
Desirable Skills and Experience for the Senior C++ Developer role:
• Knowledge and/or experience in relational databases specifically programming in SQL for Oracle
• Experience with TCP/IP Socket Programming
• Experience in enterprise Java programming working with some or all of the following technologies – Spring, Tomcat, Jetty, Groovy, Maven, Ant
• Experience in another non-scripting programming language on Windows and/or Linux environments.
• Experience in writing multi-threaded applications
• Experience with modern Client/Server architectures
• Knowledge and/or experience with distributed architectures
• Familiarity with XML and XPath technologies
• Experience with software systems in the banking sector
• Experience of software testing and methodologies
• Knowledge of common design patterns would be a distinct advantage
• Interest in extending your development skills to multiple mobile platforms
Candidate Attributes for the Senior C++ Developer role:
• Excellent team player, cooperative and flexible
• Enthusiastic, proactive, and can-do attitude, keen to be involved at all levels of a product
• Self-reliant, the ability to work without close supervision, prioritise own workload, work against deadlines and address problems in a collaborative environment
• Passion to learn and to work with new technologies
• Articulate communicator, ability to present ideas clearly and precisely, both written and verbally, with concise attention to detail to peers, colleagues and management alike
• Good listener, the ability to listen effectively and to consider input from peers, colleagues and management alike
• Good problem solving abilities with the ability to proactively identify code and design flaws, identify areas for improvement and contribute to solutions for the company in a collaborative environment
• Strong customer orientation
#SeniorC++Developer#C++ #Windows #Linux #SQL #XMLIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 5367388)