IT Search is working exclusively with a global & widely recognised brand to appoint a Data Scientist to build models, manipulate large datasets with R & Python, NLP & image classification tools and to "COME PLAY" with data! Looking no further if hardcore mathematical modelling is of interest!
You'll work with a team of data engineers, quant analytics, data scientists and data analysts - sharing techniques and learning loads!
Our client is a global leader in the FS space - you'll work on innovative means of classifying text, image and written documents and developing a centralised engine powered by NLP.
- As part of a team you'll report into a dynamic and highly experienced manager (mentor)
You'll create models and perform complex data analyses
You'll play an important role in analysis ratios and exploring improvements for key projects ensuring that there is a value delivered for customer's needs.
- Ideally you'll have 4+ years experience in a data heavy environment
- You love utilising statistics and statistical tools including R
- If you have exposure to financial analytics data science - this is a major plus however our client place a premium on problem solvers and 'playful doers' - if you can apply your skills to their domain - they're happy to support you to learn the ropes.
- An undergraduate degree in maths, applied maths, statistics or similiar is essential
- Postgraduate education e.g. a diploma in maths or statistics or masters/ PhD would be ideal (we mean hardcore maths modelling or stats or comp science)
- Coding skills to boot are very nice to have! Hint: Python Python Python
A significant package (up to c. 70) plus bonus and a range of excellent benefits are on offer with this role including healthcare, generous annual leave and flexible working!
Our client is an equal opportunities employer - however visa sponsorship is not available for this role.
About IT Search
Adrian Clarke is Head of Analytics Recruitment at IT Search. Your application will be handled in strictest confidence & we will be happy to advise you on your career & direction in data analytics, data science, data technology or digital analytics.