itContracting are currently seeking applicants for a Senior Web Developer. This is a Fixed Term Contract position based with our client in Dublin.
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Experience: 5 Years plus
The contract for the role is offered on an initial 12-month basis. The successful candidate will work alongside a team of other Web Developers and Solutions Architect and will report directly into the Head of Web and Digital Media. They should have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, with natural problem-solving and a team player mind set.
Main Duties & Key Responsibilities
- Production of well designed, secure and efficient code as a member of the Clients web team to provide support on the Client’s range of websites and applications including integrations with Aptify, the web-based management information system
- Sharing responsibility for all technical aspects of the Client’s current and future web-based systems
- Participation in Scrum ceremonies (Daily stand up, Sprint demo & Sprint retrospectives)
- Ability to deal with all web server issues, security and firewall configuration and fault resolution
- Development of web-based online services, assess and develop new processes
- Assisting review of website design and usability in conjunction with the Head of Web & Digital Media
- Sharing responsibility for devising cross-functional IT systems for the capture and efficient usage of data and for the introduction of new web-based processes and integrations with other systems such as Aptify and our accounts systems
- Assisting in deployment and release management
- Documentation using JIRA Issue tracking and Confluence documentation systems
Required Knowledge & Skills
- ASP.NET (C# or Visual Basic, ideally both)
- RESTful Web Services
- Visual Studio (2015,2017)
- Source control systems such as GIT
- Database design, using Microsoft SQL Server (2014 or higher)
- Working in team environment
- Project management methodologies such as Agile
- Excellent communication skills
Experience in the flowing areas is desirable but not essential:
- Azure DevOps
- Automated Testing Frameworks (such as Selenium or MSTest)
- Responsive web design principles
- Oracle SQL
- SSRS report creation and maintenance
- MVVM frameworks such as Knockout.js
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.