Senior IT Operations Lead | Waterford | Contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Technical Lead for new transitions and projects requiring architectural change.
• Manage the local team and ensure they are working to KPI’s and within SLA’s.
• Ensure local operations do not derail and report back to the line manager on any issues that cause disruption to the business.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line IT and telephony support to users and act as an escalation point for the Global Service Desk, Local Team and the Business.
• Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and be confident to discuss IT matters with Managing Directors
• Move as many servers as possible to Data Centre to operate while hosted in the DC.
• Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice;
• Adhere to KPI’s and SLA’s.
• Perform Qualification activities related to IT Infrastructure on-site
• Perform IT Commissioning activities related with GxP Lab Instruments, set-up new user accounts, review accounts, administration accounts on QC instruments.
• As site Administrator for QC instruments it is critical to meet operations business needs to support the release of new equipment on-site & on-time.
• Take responsibility for IT Quality events identified from internal & external Audits, adhering to agreed quality timelines.
• Ensuring adherence to Quality procedures for IT projects on-site (e.g. Change Control, CAPA).
• Ensure IT support to the site regarding QC Investigations.
• Update IT SOP’s as needed.
• Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
• Perform and manage daily system monitoring utilising tools made available.
• Verify integrity and availability of all hardware.
• Responsible for transfer of onsite server to central hosting Data Centre
• Build configuration and implementation of local servers or servers in DC and ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the servers.
• Patch servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates.
• Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Anti-Virus definition files.
• Administer Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP.
• Ensure capacity for growth and alignment with local business desires and plans, participating in the definition of the infrastructure design;
• Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
• Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
• Coordinate WAN connectivity with vendors;
• Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and Maintain users' satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
• Perform daily backup operations (where applicable) and ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site;
• Perform regular test restores and DR testing, File and backup servers. (Physical and Virtual), Switches, firewalls and routers;
• Act as backup for server and storage support, including front line support on general software (MS Office and business systems).
• Be part of kick off meetings when discussing requirements.
• Conduct full IT Infra site audits and be the technical lead for such projects and insure timely completion, produce a plan for transition.
• Work closely with / or act as the Project Manager (depending on size of acquisition) to, ensure all tasks are identified and that each task has realistic timelines allocated to it.
• Contribute to corporate/company-wide projects as required
• Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy and reliability of information, in particular reliability of local network and servers;
• Generate specific reports with conclusions with a high level of quality and technical competence with input to the IT Operations & Service Desk Manager on a regular basis on technical guidance, reporting, planning, and budget.
• Setting and compiling targets and providing statistical or other reports.
• Degree qualification in Computer Science
• ITIL certified
• Microsoft certification
• Cisco certification
• Experience with NetApp and VMware
• At least 3 years in a leadership role
• Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
• Excellent accuracy and speed of work
• Experience in working within a GMP lab environment
• Good understanding on Regulatory requirements for IT systems with in a GMP environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good understanding of how to deliver a cost effective, high quality service
• Good planning skills / effective organiser
• Highly confidential and discrete
• Ability to prioritise effectively
• Ability to complete tasks and take ownership of them
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Kehoe on 021-4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie.
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!