Java Software Engineer
My client is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. You will support the development of system integration/interfaces, using business documentation workflows. The role will require you to work in an Agile environment and provide business critical support.
Apply for the Java Software Engineer Role above or contact Helen Gillbanks for more information.
Responsibilities of the Java Software Engineer Role:
• Design and build high quality robust software for the Create and Maintain Team
• On-going enhancement of software development life cycle and software engineering best practices.
• Unit and Integration test all code prior to release ensuring quality solutions are delivered and support is provided on delivered code when necessary.
• Document Solutions.
• Work with QA to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Perform first- and second-line support duties.
• Any other duties as determined by line managers
Required Skills and Experience for the Java Software Engineer Role:
• 5+ years of hands on experience in software development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Knowledge of software development life cycle with clean coding, refactoring skills and problem-solving ability.
• Knowledge of database concepts and implementation, strong SQL skills.
• Knowledge of Java 1.7 essential
• Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
• Knowledge on Web Service
• Knowledge of transport protocols
• Must have a very flexible approach to work and be confident working in a fast moving, exciting environment.
• Knowledge of IBM Integration Bus (or similar tool).
Desirable Skills and Experience or the Java Software Engineer Role:
• Knowledge of source control applications GIT or SVN.
• Experience working with both Windows and Linux.
• Ability to work in an Agile/Kanban oriented development team.
• Knowledge of Angular, Vasco, or RHSSO.
• Financial services experience
• Java 1.8 desirable.