Our client is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, looking for an Electrical Engineer.
The successful candidate will work within the electrical design department, with responsibility for carrying out design changes on projects that are in the field, providing technical support to the customer service and spare teams.
* Identify and evaluate potential technical solutions.
* Evaluate development and system costs and identify commercial advantages / risks.
* Manage system requirements and ensure end solution fulfils technical and commercial requirements.
* Create and maintain technical documents including function descriptions, implementation descriptions, drawings, piece lists, commissioning procedures, etc.
* Liaise with customer service department to support project tenders, technical issues and training.
* Liaise with spare parts team to advice on component selection and preparation.
* Provide integration documentation for modifications on existing cranes (automation and control systems).
* Liaise with electrical design engineers to prepare modifications to electrical drawings.
* Liaise with software developers to prepare software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
* Liaise with software developers to ensure crane monitoring requirements for automation systems are updated, where necessary document requirements and verify implementation.
* Liaise with other design disciplines to prepare mechanical or structural design documentation to facilitate changes.
* Liaise with purchasing department for the selection of suitable sub-systems or component suppliers.
* Liaise with service personnel in the field to support commissioning and provide any necessary support and documentation required during the commissioning process.
* Where necessary prepare and execute on-site investigations and tests at selected customer sites.
* Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
* Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
* Confident at challenging the status quo and open to adapting new technologies or techniques.
* Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
* SCADA systems development knowledge.
* Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
* Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package.
* Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
* Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
* Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
* Willingness to travel internationally as required.
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience with ABB PLC's an advantage.
* Experience in industrial network applications and design an advantage.
* Knowledge or experience with industrial Ethernet networks an advantage.
Reference No.: 918848FK
Role: Electrical Engineer
Industry: Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
Location: Co. Kerry