Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, but also supplies innovative user-oriented products and services in many other fields. The family-owned enterprise employs 46,000 people in over 135 companies worldwide.
They are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer
The successful candidate will work as part of the design department and will be responsible for ensuring product designs and standards are met in accordance with departmental requirements and schedules.
* Establishment and layout of design solutions for Liebherr Container Cranes products and their components.
* Preparation of detailed production drawings and their associated material lists.
* Liaise with personnel within and outside the design department in ensuring that designs produced are current, incorporate all updated solutions and conform to the standards required.
* Liaise with various sub-suppliers / sub-contractors to ensure that component fabrication and components quality is in accordance with the expectations and requirements of our client.
* Visit site from time to time as requested by management to improve the knowledge and understanding of our client's Crane products and manage and supervise the installation and commissioning of products and services provided by our client.
* Maintenance of the design database, ensuring that all design drawings and concepts are centrally stored.
* Preparation of manuals for our client's products.
* Training of new and existing employees within the design department.
* Participate in handover to client and customer training.
* A third level qualification in Mechanical / Structural Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum of 3 years' experience, ideally in Mechanical / Structural design of steel fabrication structures.
* High level knowledge and experience in 3D design packages and related technologies.
* Strong evidence of delivering results in a fast-paced operational setting.
* Highly motivated with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Excellent planning, scheduling and organisational skills and can ensure that required designs are completed on schedule in accordance with forecast section requirements and resources well in advance enduring timely delivery of all projects
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918847FK
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Industry: Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
Location: Co. Kerry
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent