itContracting are currently seeking applications on behalf of our client, a global insurance provider and FinTech company, for a DevOps Engineer. This is a permanent position based with our client in South Dublin.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for streamlining our client’s platforms to support both the development life cycle and production operations. The successful candidate will partner with dedicated IT service delivery and infrastructure teams to oversee all phases of the development life cycle, from requirement setting through to monitoring in production, and will work closely with multiple development teams to identify and automate daily and on-demand processes.
The DevOps Engineer will have a significant impact in enabling autonomy of these teams as well as creating a feedback loop through monitoring. The successful candidate will also be responsible for bringing and maintaining our client’s IT infrastructure to a compliant standard, and then move onto building a continuous delivery pipeline, more efficient build and test processes, as well as working to set up proper monitoring. The successful candidate will have strong infrastructure and scripting skills.
- Work with System Engineers, Developers and Architects to design and implement automated solutions with CD Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and configuration
- Build and maintain tools, scripts and processes that make Developers and Testers more efficient, while also building DevOps solutions using the latest technologies and tools
- Manage application documentation libraries and source code repositories
- Maintain version control repositories and related systems supporting initiatives around infrastructure as code
- Scripting languages to build automated solutions
- Evaluate and recommend new automation opportunities
- Plan for and implement environments needed to support objectives
- Look externally to research primary data sources, select relevant information, continually evaluate key themes in technology and make recommendations to inform policy and/or product development
- Identify existing IT assets for new opportunities where possible (e.g. re-use), research best practice and review and analyse detailed operating models to develop and improve IT processes and systems
- Provide specialist advice to address specific technical queries from internal clients and design/ develop and deliver appropriate solutions, in line with our client’s policies, processes and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to the delivery of assigned IT projects in own area of expertise for specific lines of business, collaborating with IT colleagues from across the wider function to agree an approach for project/ program management
- Act within a number of complex processes and procedures and use in-depth knowledge to solve internal customer issues or escalate appropriately to appropriate stakeholders
- Record and report core metrics, and ensure internal partners and vendors meet defined policies/ service level agreements on information management
- Work with colleagues across the IT function to ensure plans are aligned to functional plans and policy
- 5+ years’ in depth experience working in DevOps Engineer or similar roles
- BSc. in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Strong experience working in Linux DevOps environments is essential, experience of Windows DevOps beneficial
- Significant exposure to DevOps tools and technologies e.g. CI/CD, Jenkins, Bamboo, Python, Perl, GitHub, Atlassian etc.
- Strong automation, deployment and scripting experience
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact David White.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.