Software Engineering Manager
A large multinational organization with tremendous global success are hiring to accommodate their growth and have an immediate requirement for a Software Engineering Manager to join a well-established team. You will benefit from working on enterprise level projects. Excellent package/benefits on offer – Bonus/Healthcare/Pension/Holidays and many more. To apply for the Software Engineering Manager role, please send your CV to, or call Ryan Wannenburg for more information.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineering Manager role:
• Building high performing teams of innovative software professionals by mentoring, coaching and developing internal talent and recruiting industry top talent.
• Developing, maintaining and improving our delivery processes and systems.
• Championing innovation across the organisation.
• Driving efficiency in the team to maximise customer value and minimise waste.
• Working with internal resources to scope development projects, including deliverables, timelines and budgets etc.
• Leading architecture and technical designs reviews.
• Leading the team through a transition to Continuous Delivery, driving automation of build, deployment and test.
• Providing direction to direct and indirect reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
• Providing recommendations and assist in determining which projects to prioritise and make the trade-off between technical debt and new functionality.
• Removing impediments to ease the development path. Driving down the cycle time from idea to customer value.
• Implementing technical strategy and governing across various development teams.
• Managing and providing technical and motivational leadership to multiple teams.
• Ensuring appropriate engineering resourcing is in place to deliver the business needs.
Required Experience and Skills for the Software Engineering Manager role:
• Five or more years proven experience in a Software Development Management role.
• OOP experience (.NET 4+ & Angular 2+)
• Experience with large scale SQL and NoSQL technologies.
• Experience delivering and owning micro services in a SaaS environment.
• Experience in measuring and improving performance of production systems.
• Experience of leading multiple development teams in parallel.
• Experience managing upwards of 20 engineers.
• Experience of modern software development methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/Lean/XP), including Sizing, Estimation, Velocity, Burn-down charts, Burn-up charts, Cycle Times, Cumulative Flow, Pair Programming, BDD, TDD.
• Experience in highly scalable, highly available platforms.
• Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery & Automation.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
#SoftwareEngineeringManager #.NET #Angular #LeadDevelopment #Agile #SCRUM #SQLIf you are happy to be represented by Solas and be put forward for this role (or would like more information) please email me with your CV via the link, indicating if wish to be represented by Solas. Alternatively please call me (T: 00 353 1 2449531)