Partners in Performance, a fast-growing international management consulting firm. We have exciting growth ambitions over the next 5 years. Supporting sales initiatives and our consultants on the ground is a core success factor to our operations, and this role is seen as a key component in delivering this.
This is a great opportunity for a genuine self- starter. You will be able to shape and develop elements of your role that are not set in stone today. Hence, it is important you are comfortable with a reasonably high level of ambiguity and are energised by that. We are looking for someone who is a creative systems specialist – someone who is naturally curious, has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and proactively seeks out or creates new opportunities. You ‘get stuff done’ and ‘make it happen’. You are ‘low fuss’, willing to give things a go and move on if it doesn’t work. It is just who you are, and how your friends describe you.
This is a busy role, one where you’ll have a lot of moving pieces and priorities to juggle, operating in a fast pace environment and virtual business model, while working with different cultures and across time zones. You will be the glue which coordinates with other members of the global team and business areas.
To ‘fit’ what we are seeking and need, you will have the following experience:
• At least 3-5 years experience working in a fast-paced office environment, ideally where you have:
o Wide ranging experience building integrations between platforms and applications such as APIs and Apps to meet business needs. This experience is likely to be from a medium-sized entity (<1000 employees) working virtually where the opportunity is to own, and test solutions end-to-end, knowing they must work flawlessly globally for stakeholders with all levels of technical familiarity.
o Experience of building (and troubleshooting) robust solutions and business intelligence applications and/or Data Modelling.
• Experience in working within a professional service environment is opportune
• Stakeholder management experience – an ability to genuinely and authentically connect with a broad range of colleagues at different levels, so you can deliver your task (while recognising your stakeholders’ priorities are different)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills / strong attention to detail
• Project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Well-organised and responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving and excellent time management
• A passion for growth, innovation and continuous improvement
Partners in Performance is a global management consultancy with its Head Office located in Australia. As a firm we are about Unleashing Potential in our clients and our people.
We assist organisations to deliver rapid and sustainable results in performance. We take a pragmatic ‘at the coal face’ approach to performance improvement. We have a unique operating model , actively participating in the operations of our clients. Our work spans strategy to procurement, revenues to costs, organisational culture to production debottlenecking and safety.
The firm is on a fast growth curve with high quality clients – there are great opportunities for those who want to make an impact.
We provide: -
• Challenging work that really makes a difference
• Help to unleash the potential of our consultants who are out in the field creating better businesses
• Help build a strong central team who can provide outstanding service
• Impact a truly global team.
• Stretch development challenges that will grow you quickly
• Grow with the growth of the company
• Unlimited career opportunities to meet your personal aspirations
• We promote based on people’s delivery and ability not their tenure.
• And to cap it off you will:
• Work with talented, down to earth, fun people
• Work in an entrepreneurial environment without bureaucracy
Purpose and responsibilities of the role
We are seeking an experienced systems specialist, specifically in Enterprise Content management and other related fields. You’ll bring a strong customer service attitude who will ensure our systems and tools are operating effectively, producing robust reporting and analysis. Speed, accuracy and the ability to understand the genuine business need beyond the basic question asked will be hallmarks of this role. To do this, you will rapidly develop familiarity with existing systems, services lines, teams and stakeholders, to:
Deliver systems innovation (70-80%)/
• Scope innovative, scalable systems solutions working with the senior systems manager, other senior roles and the IP and sales focused systems specialist to
• Build, test and maintain scripts/web applications (Utilizing development language and a platform of your choice (experience with multiple is an advantage) and respective IDE environments.
• Implement these solutions effectively and independently to deliver innovations for the Sales Support, Intellectual Property and Marketing areas of PIP.
• Test solutions thoroughly - working closely with user champions
• Communicate solutions and proposals in terms of business needs and opportunities rather than technical effectiveness
Design, troubleshoot and deliver Visual Management/Dashboard reporting potentially in Power BI (10-20%)
• Design and implement Dashboards/Reports as required to scope effective tools which interrogate PIP’s databases and drive action-oriented, easy to interpret, accurate reports
• Act as a resource when required to quickly deliver IP and Sales support tools in Power BI
• Act as an internal expert to solve Visual Dashboards/Report issues for key stakeholders, including highlighting quality of underlying data and proposing effective solutions
Provide project support and expertise, as well as other general support as needed (<10%)
Key competencies required for the role
You will ooze credibility, professionalism and patience, in order to work with a wide array of stakeholders to drive your end deliverables. In addition, your core competencies will include:
Deciding and initiating action: Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
Planning and organising: Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Delivering results and meeting customer expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals.
Adapting and responding to change: Adapts to changing circumstances; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
Coping with pressures and setbacks: Maintains a positive outlook at work; works productively in a pressurised environment; keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; handles criticism well and learns from it; balances the demands of a work life and a personal life.
Other skills required
• Enthusiastic, flexible attitude and team approach plus strong customer focus
• Attention to detail and quality assurance – builds error-checking into own workflow
• Experience of supporting process and systems improvement initiatives, enthusiasm for innovation and the ability to communicate these ideas clearly
• High level of experience in Microsoft Office
• Experience with HTML, Adobe Pro, HubSpot and/or Salesforce an advantage but a willingness to learn and support with these systems is required