A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support clients core business functions by deploying applications that enable their people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Client Services team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure for our clients, developing and enhancing client applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for clients to drive strategic business growth.
Graduate work placement
Our graduate work placement gives you an opportunity to get eleven months practical work experience with us. You'll join us, and get an induction to PwC, and then you'll jump straight into the role to learn through on- the-job training. This learning and study approach gives you a real feel for the work we do.
We recognise that to bring value to our clients, we need to provide the best advice around technological innovation. With us, you'll be at the forefront of new initiatives and explore emerging technologies and trends to help businesses. Whether that's helping clients understand how technology can help them unlock their potential and protect their businesses, or using big data to provide insight and help steer strategy.
Work on real IT assignments, learn about working in an IT department and get exposure to PwC as a business. These eleven month placements will give you the opportunity to gain experience on some of the following areas -
* Data Intelligence - You'll support a range of services, from publishing standard reports, supporting colleagues perform self-service analytics, through to the development of complex predictive analytical models. In a fast moving environment, you'll learn about current analytics tools and get first hand experience of the value created through insight into data
* Projects - Ensuring the delivery of the full range of small to large IT projects, ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered in line with the expectations of our business. Working in a high performing and focused area, you'll have opportunities to learn about project management and agile software delivery methods.
* Enterprise Information Technology - This group is accountable for underpinning and enabling the key IT services that span the UK and other territories. You'll be involved with the delivery of high quality and stable services that align with PwC strategy and its business needs.
* Innovation - You'll be exposed to emerging technologies such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and have the opportunity to work on exciting, innovative solutions. You'll be involved in rapid prototyping, developing minimal viable products and research.
* Service Delivery - A cycle of experience in Service Delivery will give you a good overall perspective of the types of products and services utilised by PwC, as well as the challenges faced in delivering them. These include strategic planning, financial management and project delivery, through to 'business as usual' operations, service performance and improvement initiatives.
* Operations - Really are the foundations that support all other areas of technology. Whether it's cloud, VOIP, customer or application support, you'll get first-hand experience of what it takes to deliver a complex ecosystem, supporting the world's leading professional services network in the UK.
Training and development
From day one you'll be assigned a career coach who will ensure you have opportunities to develop the skills to take your career to the next level, as well as providing hands on coaching and supporting your wellbeing.
On the job training is part of each role and working in some areas may offer the opportunity to attend relevant training sessions. Our business unit has a wide range of participant led groups, known as our communities of interest. These are formed around specific areas of interest such as project management, emerging technology and data analytics. These provide another way you can gain knowledge of new areas as well as share your ideas.
In addition to your assignments you'll have the opportunity to work on a group project with other placement participants to meet key business requirements. This is a fantastic chance to work collaboratively as a group , flexing your style to meet the needs of the project and demonstrate your innovation skills
It doesn't matter what degree course you're studying, but you must have a good academic record, be able to show how you've used your initiative and team-working skills and have a passion for technology.
What you need to get in
* You'll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject
* Equally important will be your intellect, willingness to learn, ability to build relationships, put yourself in others' shoes, while always making a positive impact with our clients and each other.
The PwC Deal
We want people to build exceptional careers during their time at PwC. When you feel motivated and energised by your work, you're more able to contribute to the organisation, as well as achieve your aspirations. No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. We empower people to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential. In return, your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It's critical we have diverse talent, views and thinking if we are to deliver exceptional client value and solve the world's important problems. We seek to attract and recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work. And we aim to encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best they can be and to reach their full potential creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate. So join PwC.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Find out more about our application process here .