Our Capital Project Services (CPS) team consists of a range of talented multi-disciplined professionals who have a background in delivery of capital projects across multiple sectors including infrastructure and financial services. We support our clients in securing optimum value from their projects or business and provide the expertise they require to navigate challenging, complex situations.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations and our culture is all about our people. We are looking for candidates with strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills who are passionate about advising clients to improve their project outcomes. Your role might include:
* Designing and delivering transformative project and programme management approaches across a wide range of industries;
* Working closely with senior leaders of major global businesses to optimise the efficiency of their capital programmes and supporting them to deliver their intended benefits;
* Providing expertise to clients who strive to deliver projects within constrained budgets or supporting them through challenging situations.
At PwC the development of our people is key and though we're all driven by different aspirations, we share the same commitment to quality. You'll have the opportunity to work on high-profile, national and international projects that will enable you to reach your full potential.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Train and lead staff
* Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
We're looking for someone who
* Is a confident communicator and is able to deliver compelling messages with impact to a wide variety of audiences to influence an outcome;
* Has leadership experience and has a strong desire to coach others within their team
* Has exceptional technical aptitude and analytical skills, and is able to translate complex issues to support the creation and delivery of clear and understandable client solutions;
* Is passionate about delivery of capital projects and has a strong desire to succeed by learning from colleagues and creating collaborative relationships at all levels;
* Has a strong academic background and is industry experienced with an interest in pursuing continued learning and development;
* Is open to travel, both nationally and internationally.
Our clients value the diverse range of experiences that our people bring. Our team mostly comprises of people from Project Management, Engineering, or Commercial Management backgrounds but we're open to other industries and experiences, and the value that can bring.
Your career to date should demonstrate:
* The ability to lead, manage or work effectively within a team to deliver projects and solutions;
* A desire to build excellent working relationships and self motivation to deliver outputs;
* Experience in managing contracts, suppliers, or projects and a thorough understanding of the core principles used to support delivery of projects;
* Self awareness and your ambition to continuously develop your and your team's skills.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.