System Administrator [Europe]
Location: South Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
- The role of Systems Administrator [Europe] is to be responsible for supporting the effective and efficient operation of all aspects of the of our clients IT service offerings.
- This includes the management and maintenance of all hardware and software that is used in production and testing environments.
Reporting: The System Administrator [Europe] reports directly to the European Service Delivery Manager
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Install new hardware, services and systems as required
- Perform system, hardware and firmware upgrades on equipment
- Assist System Engineers with business projects as required
- Perform daily systems monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, software and systems
- Maintain up to date patching of all servers and related software
- Manage active directory users and computers, and domain policies
- Verify the completion and normal operation of all backup activities
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, resource optimisation as required
- Maintain and monitor data centre environment
- Communicate to user groups any outages and maintenance windows where appropriate
- Investigate and resolve escalated incidents and ongoing problems arising from the Service Delivery Team
- Monitor system availability and action any identified issues
- Monitor IT Security and report breaches of policy to Management
- Develop and maintain system documentation including work instructions for common tasks performed, using resources provided
- Maintain the accuracy of IT Systems including active directory, email, intranet and clinical systems.
- Provide support to the Service Delivery and Development teams where required
- Assist with the procurement of IT assets and consumables
- Participate in other business related tasks
- Attend meetings as required
- Monitor and take accountability for the quality of work done by staff
- Ensure that the appropriate standards, methods and procedures are used to create high quality solutions.
- Ensure that all applications, components, and modules are based on industry standards, are fit for purpose, and meet agreed customer requirements.
- Continually seek to improve on professional work practices and processes, strategies, tools and techniques to boost work productivity and effectiveness.
- Actively suggest and implement improvements to process and procedures
- Supports all team members by working together as a group to achieve organisational outcomes and goals
- Values and respects the views and beliefs of patients and team members
- Maintains open and shared knowledge with team members
- Participates in regular performance reviews as per our clients performance management
- Communicates in a clear and professional manner at all times, demonstrating empathy when necessary
Key Performance Indicators
- To be agreed with the European Service Delivery Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- 4 + Years’ Helpdesk / Problem solving experience
- 4 + Years’ experience with Windows Domains / Active Directory
- 3 + Years’ experience Administrating LANs and WANs
- Microsoft Certified Professional or other IT Tertiary Qualification
- Bachelor Degree within IT Discipline desirable
- PABX and IP Telephony exposure desirable
- Exposure to the health sector desirable
- Strong customer focus
- High level of skill in decision making in particular problem identification, solution and analysis
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Positive role modelling including the provision of constructive feedback to help others as required
- Mentor to less experienced staff
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong process development and planning skills
- Ability to be responsible and accountable for own practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Travel to business sites as required.
- Fulltime-Permanent / Salaried
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrne in itContracting directly.
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.