IT Service Desk Engineer
- The purpose of the Service Desk Operator role is to be responsible for the provision of a timely and appropriate customer services to all users of IT services within our clients EU operations.
- This involves 1st/2nd level problem determination and resolution, installation and maintenance of software and hardware, development of appropriate guidelines, application support, troubleshooting, administration and provision of advice and support in accordance with the IT standards.
Reporting: The Service Desk Operator reports directly to the European Service Delivery Manager
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Maintain effective customer services and relationships with IT users, other IT staff and suppliers
- Respond to user inquiries according to service desk procedures, providing support across a range of hardware and software products.
- Ensure effective use of the Service Desk ticket system
- Maintain accuracy of IT Asset register
- Identify problems which require additional expertise and take appropriate action to ensure the timely escalation to the various internal IT support staff.
- Provide timely, accurate and reliable assistance to all users
- Contribute to the development of work instructions, policies and standard operating procedures in relation to the use of IT systems
- Provide after-hours helpdesk assistance where required
- Install, manage and maintain the end user environment including PCs, Printers, and Business related Software packages
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors and technicians to resolve hardware or software faults within end user environments
- Visit remote clinics to ensure the continued operation of end user environments
- Assist with installation, troubleshooting, or any other issues on-site
- Assist in backup and restore duties such as tape changing
- Monitor system availability and escalate issues to senior team members
- Monitor IT Security and report breaches of policy to Management
- Assist the System Administrators with maintaining backup and recovery activities
- Develop and maintain system documentation including work instructions for common tasks performed using resources provided
- Maintain the accuracy of IT Systems including Active Directory, Email, Intranet and Clinical Systems.
- Assist System Administrators with any other tasks as required
- Participate in other business-related tasks
- Attend meetings as required
- Monitors and takes accountability for the quality of work done by staff
- Ensure that the appropriate standards, methods and procedures are used to create high quality solutions.
- Ensure that all applications, components, and modules are based on industry standards, are fit for purpose, and meet agreed customer requirements.
- Seeks continually to improve on professional work practices and processes, Strategies, tools and techniques to boost work productivity and effectiveness.
- Actively suggests and implements improvements to process and procedures
- Supports all team members by working together as a group to achieve organisational outcomes/goals
- Values and respects the views and beliefs of patients and team members
- Maintains open and shared knowledge with team members
- Participates in regular performance reviews as per performance management
- Communicates in a clear and professional manner at all times, demonstrating empathy when necessary
Key performance Indicators
- To be agreed with the European Service Delivery Manager
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 + Years’ Helpdesk / Problem solving experience
- 3 + Years’ experience with Windows Domains / Active Directory
- Microsoft Certified Professional or other IT Tertiary Qualification desirable
- Exposure to the health sector desirable
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Positive role modelling including the provision of constructive feedback to help others as required
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong process development and planning skills
- Ability to be responsible and accountable for own practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Travel to Europe business sites as required.
- Full Time Permanent / Salaried
Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
For more information please apply here or contact Jonathan Power ( +353 86 366 4576 or jonathan dot power at itContracting dot ie )
Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.