EU Service Delivery Manager
Location: South Dublin
Job Type: Permanent
- The role of the European Service Delivery Manager is to manage and maintain the operations of IT across Europe.
- Responsible for providing leadership in the delivery of all aspects of the of our clients Europe IT service offerings.
- The European Service Delivery Manager is required to utilise effective communication to ensure that all stakeholders are kept informed of our clients ITs service offerings.
- By building relationships with users and key business stakeholders, the European Service Delivery Manager will better understand business requirements and be able to provide the appropriate level of service.
The European Service Delivery Manager reports directly to the Group IT Manager.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
- Facilitating the Service Desk’s role as the central coordination point for all IT related issues.
- Developing and managing Service Desk process, procedure and systems.
- Prioritising incident response.
- Resolving IT service calls (incidents and requests) as the first point of contact.
- Communicating with users and resolving their IT issues in a positive and supportive manner.
- Recording, categorising and prioritising all calls reported to the IT Service Desk and escalating calls to support staff by actively monitoring the status of calls to ensure that response and rectification times are within expected parameters.
- Escalating service interruptions and/or faults that are ongoing.
- Liaising effectively with external 3rd party hardware and software service providers to provide coordinated and timely services for our users.
- Maintaining up to date documentation of standard technical procedures and ensuring compliance to these standards.
- To specify systems, processes and methodologies, to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery.
- Assists internal and external customers to use technology and ensures customer satisfaction is achieved
IT and Business Communication
- Definition of service level agreements (SLAs) related to contracted services and that escalation flows are in place
- Build relationships with users and key business stakeholders to better understand business activity and ongoing requirements for service delivery
- Manage the internal communication with the business including service performance, FAQs, process information and necessary forms
- Communicate ongoing changes within the development and infrastructure areas
- Liaising with the Infrastructure and development teams to ensure maximum system uptime is maintained
Project and Service Delivery
- Effectively assigns and prioritises resources to project activities and service delivery, without disrupting business-as-usual operations
- Identifies and articulates risks associated with projects and service delivery
- Negotiates service levels agreements with key business and IT stakeholders
- Adheres to standards and procedures (e.g. software control, change management, documentation) when undertaking project and delivery work
- Schedules work and confers with key stakeholders if problems are identified that impact deadlines and other stakeholder expectations
- Assigns tasks and monitors the execution of action plans
- Delivers solutions that meet quality requirements and are within approved budget and timeframes
Knowledge Management and Development
- Ensures information technology standards and procedures are understood by key business stakeholders
- Maintains and protects information technology intellectual property
- Promotes the best use of technology
- Maintains technical currency with IT developments, emerging technologies, industry trends and regulatory requirements
- Understands and applies best practice across a breadth of technologies to solve organisational problems
- Is responsible for developing IT individuals’ knowledge and skills
- Manage and lead the Europe IT team
- Create an environment where team members:
- Understand their place and role in achieving company goals
- Freely exchange and pursue ideas and questions
- Are encouraged to be innovative and creative
- Foster self-improvement and commitment to excellence
- Motivates, develops, and retains, appropriately skilled team members to sustain resource demands as presented.
- Seek and provide feedback from / to team members to improve performance
- Participate in relevant formal and informal training to improve performance, skills and
- Monitors and takes accountability for the quality of work done by staff
- Ensure that the appropriate standards, methods and procedures are used to create high quality solutions.
- Ensure that all applications, components, and modules are based on industry standards, are fit for purpose, and meet agreed customer requirements.
- Seeks continually to improve on professional work practices and processes, Strategies, tools and techniques to boost work productivity and effectiveness.
- Actively suggests and implements improvements to process and procedures
- Adheres to change management, disaster recovery and business continuity frameworks
- Establishes contingency and disaster recovery plans to facilitate business continuity
- Supports all team members by working together as a group to achieve organisational outcomes/goals
- Values and respects the views and beliefs of patients and team members
- Maintains open and shared knowledge with team members
- Participates in regular performance reviews as per our clients performance management
- Communicates in a clear and professional manner at all times, demonstrating empathy when necessary
Key Performance Indicators
- To be agreed with the Group IT Manager
- 6 + Years’ Helpdesk / Problem solving experience
- 6 + Years’ experience with Windows Domains / Active Directory
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Must have exceptional soft skills, including the ability to speak to both technical and business concerns
- Proven work experience managing an efficient service desk
- Knowledge of ITIL practices
- Proven ability to manage teams across geographically disperse locations
- Experienced in managing various stakeholders at different levels.
- Understanding of Healthcare industry and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence highly regarded
- Project Management certification
- Highly focused customer service attitude
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of skill to be able to multi task on a variety of task
- High level of skill in decision making in particular problem identification, solution and analysis
- Collaborative, values team work and integration
- Ability to participate in after hours, weekend work and travel as required.
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication with internal stakeholders, vendors and senior managers
- Positive role modelling including the provision of constructive feedback to help others as required
- Mentor to less experienced staff
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong process development and planning skills
- Ability to be responsible and accountable for own practices
- Strong attention to detail
- Travel to business sites as required.
- Fulltime-Permanent/ Salaried
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland or currently hold a Stamp 4 Visa to apply.
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so via the relevant link. If you would like to discuss this role in confidence please contact Chris Byrnein itContracting directly.
- Evros / itContracting is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability. Evros / itContracting apply all relevant Data Protection laws when processing your Personal Data.