Hanson Regan are currently looking for multiple Technical Support Engineers/System Administrators to join a large software vendor who turn over between 3 - 10 Billion USD per annum.
This is a chance for someone with a few years' worth of experience within the IT Support industry to become a specialist and become certified.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues over the phone and electronically, (eg. Chat, email, and/or remote access to customer systems). This could also include on-site visits.
- Administration skills on Linux/windows systems
- Duplicate customer issues using customer and in-house systems setup in order to identify and isolate issues
- Clearly communicate symptoms and known contributing factors to other team members for collaboration and escalation purposes
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers with varying technical backgrounds
- Document solutions to known issues for internal and public use
- Management of Service Request status and activity reporting for customers and management
- Availability for occasional on call or scheduled shift work to cover after hours and weekends
- Experience in Wireless/LAN network environment deployment, management and maintenance
- Familiarity with basic networking
- Experience with mobile device security and connectivity
- Setup and maintain systems for customer issue duplication and testing
- Triage, prioritize, and manage customer Service Requests including the customer condition (political environment) as well as the and computer problems
- Operational management of clients (eg help loading new data, maintaining and validating dashboard/report outputs, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of computer, network, and electronic gear
- Effective ticket queue management providing investigation prioritization, continuous and timely updates to customers.
- Take ownership to resolve customer issues in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs) balancing speed and quality.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely resolutions to customer issues over the phone and electronically
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Attention and aptitude for quality and continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and technical writing skills
- Ability to analyze complex issues, identify alternative solutions, and make logical decisions based on overall customer needs
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Ability to receive, process, and act on instruction from senior team members and management
- Background in configuring, administering and troubleshooting Linux, OES, IOS, Android and Windows Systems
- Customer Support and/or IT Administration experience preferred
- Experience effectively collaborating with team members
- Experience with tools associated with Technical Support (eg. CRMs, remote management tools, bug tracking systems, knowledge management systems, etc.)